SKY HD as 2nd box only?

Cude230

Standard Member
Right heres my situation. I currently have SKY multiroom and wanted to upgrade to SKY HD. Is it possible to have SKY HD in the bedroom but the normal SKY box downstairs? or do i have to have both as SKY HD boxes? Obviously i will have to pay the extra service charge for the HD channels but dont want it downstairs, just to replace the multi room box upstairs.

Many thanks

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
I can't see any reason why not. As long as you have one HD box and a standard box for your multi room then the subs cover that. I don't suppose it matters that you have HD upstairs and SD downstairs. That would usually be the other way round of course but I don't think Sky can insist on it.

Have you had your install date yet? When you speak to the engineer make sure he is aware of this as there is otherwise I don't think it will be a problem.

Cude230

Standard Member
So would the HD box need to be the main box and the standard one off it as multi room? As i still live at home they have no need for the HD box but i have a new Sammy on the way and want to make the most ov it!

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
The two boxes aren't connected in anyway - so they aren't categorised as 'main box' and 'multi room'. The only difference will be that yours will be able to show the HD channels (as you pay £10 per month extra for this) and the one downstairs won't.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Great mate, thats exactly what i was looking to hear. Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

No problem. Make sure the engineer is aware of this before he comes as the HD box requires a second feed of cable from the dish - unless the one upstairs is Sky+ already - I remember reading on my install something about cable lengths so just tell him when he rings :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom