Sky HD and plus subs

neilneil

Established Member
Reaction score
Assumeing whatever pricing is finally announced, would you expect to pay £10 for HD AND another £10 for the sky+ funcionality that the box has (excluding any premium channel waviers). Or is it just the one lot of £10 for both the plus funcionality and the HD channels.
I might be tempted if it was only 1 sub but an extra 20 quid each month just to use the hardware you've bought is too steep IMO.

-Neil

Just like the normal SKY+ if you take certain channel packages the SKY+ fee will be waived. Assuming they charge £10 for the HD content and you already have SKY Sports or SKY Movies which mean you do not currently pay the £10 SKY+ fee then you will then just be paying the tenner for the extra content.

I think:)

Neil Sumner said:
Assumeing whatever pricing is finally announced, would you expect to pay £10 for HD AND another £10 for the sky+ funcionality that the box has (excluding any premium channel waviers). Or is it just the one lot of £10 for both the plus funcionality and the HD channels.
I might be tempted if it was only 1 sub but an extra 20 quid each month just to use the hardware you've bought is too steep IMO.

-Neil

After nearly a year of speculation and rumour, I'm assuming nothing. I'll wait for the official word from Sky. Just because the SkyHD launch is getting closer, it doesn't mean that the latest batch of rumours are definitely true, and we've had speculated pricings from £99 to £799 on these forums.

I wasn't trying to speculate on the pricing I was just wondering if you needed to pay the equivalent of two additional subs to use the box fully. ie one sub for Sky+ and an additional sub for Sky HD.

-Neil

I would not mind paying £20 sub for the package.

TVR_Fan said:
I would not mind paying £20 sub for the package.
A lot of money to spend on just a handful of channels, most of which will be broadcasting upscaled SD initially anyway.

The Sky HD website makes it quite clear under the "what do I need" section
"You need a Sky HD box... and a Sky HD subscription....to enjoy Sky+
functionality you will also need a Sky+ subscription"

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom