Sky+HD and phonelines

newboy2008

Established Member
Reaction score
Inspired by this comment, I thought I would make a small post.

So the engineer dosnt connect to a phone line? I havent got a phone line and this has stopped me getting Sky so far.. (sorry if its covered in the thread already tis huge!)

To clarify

Sky will install a single box(Standard/Sky+ or Sky+=HD )into a uk address without the need for a phoneline to be connected to the box.They do charge a £25 "set up" fee but there is no need to have a phone line as long as you pay them £25.
If you have multiroom(or intend to upgrade) then you will need to keep BOTH boxes connected to a phoneline so Sky can check they are at the same address.

just to clear that up as I think a few people are under the impression you must have a phone line to have Sky Tv .:)

This is what gets me! I only have one phone socket in my house. As I have digital phones I only need one socket for three handsets. So this negates me getting multiroom upstairs as the socket is in the lounge.

This is what gets me! I only have one phone socket in my house. As I have digital phones I only need one socket for three handsets. So this negates me getting multiroom upstairs as the socket is in the lounge.

The phone cable can be ran externally.

I am having multiroom delivered tomorrow. I have bought a 'one for all' wireless phone sender (from maplins) to go from the main socket in our hallway to an upstairs bedroom on the other side of the house. Like you I have no other sockets as the other phones in the house are wireless.

I've tested it with our existing sky+ box downstairs (a pace box) and it works fine so this is my solution to avoid all the messy wiring. Others have said you would need to sort out filters if you have broadband but I don't have that issue as we have a pre-filter for that.

Hope you get a solution sorted.

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom