SKY HD and Packages

RSVdaz

Ex Member
Reaction score
i have just gotten HD installed.
I havent got the full sky world package
I've got this hybrid version where (before start of april)
I had all the odd channel numbers for sky movies ...ie sky movies 1,3,5,7 & 9
and I also had the odd numbers for sky sports (1&3)

firstly i'm a little cheesed off that the fillm channels have changed..now i get only 4 channels..some of them i wouldnt be bothered watching..but because i dont have all the movies i only get one HD channel which is fair enough..but i also dont get premiere (or the "false" channel premier +) all the first movie showing used to be on sky movies 1..so i've lost out there.
also my sky sports...although im paying for a HD subscription..i dont get ANY of the sky sportd HD channels..thoughts?

call them up, give em hell

Worth trying but I don't think you will get anywhere :(

The SkySports HD channels have only ever been available if you subscribe to the entire sports package. Its an all or nothing arangement which is pants if you only watch the occasional bit of sport but want to watch it with the best PQ.

Not sure what the arrangement is with the Movie HD channels though as the website tends to imply that with the revised sky movies package its now also an all or nothing arrangement i.e. you need to subscribe to the movies package to get HD movie channels.

i can get sky movies HD2..but cant get the premiere channels. and on that you would think i would at least be able to get one sports HD channel

That's what I mean - I don't believe you should even be getting SM HD2 without a full Movies subscription now :(

Prior to the movies reshuffle the availability of HD movie and Sports channels were.

You only got any Sports HD channels when subsribed to full sports package. You got SM HD9 if you had SM9 and SMHD10 if you had SM10. Hence why those on the odds or even packages just got SMHD9 (if on the odds) or SMHD10 (if on evens package) but no Sports HD channels at all.

With the reshuffle that doesn't seem to have changed for those previously on the odds or evens arrangement as I assume you have got the equivalent of the even movie channels so have 310 in your lineup? I think you having it is a loophole from the previously available odds or evens arrangement that some people obtained in the past and unfortunately as I said before the website does seem to imply that the full movies package is now required to get any Movie HD channels :(

Sky do seem to be engineering SkyHD so that to get the full line up you need to be subscribing to SkyWorld :( Maybe that's how they are getting the average monthly subs per subscriber up???

you put it it like i getting something for nothing :(..i on he other hand feel i'm getting ripped off...i mean what exactly am i getting for my HD subscription if your correct..a bbc trial channel, 2 docu channels, and oh yeah sky one/arts..sky one the only good thing on there is the simpsons and the PQ is awful..i want me films and sports

I wouldn't go as far as saying "Getting something for nothing" as what you appear to be getting is exactly what you guys on odds or evens packages were getting prior to the movies reshuffle. This is good as Sky haven't stitched you guys up (as I gather others haven't received any info from sky about how this works for you guys on odds or even package) and just pulled the plug completely insisting on full package to get any HD movies.

What I am saying is that for new subscribers to sports/movies it appears that this partial HD movie availability (since Sports HD was never available as partial service) is not available anymore and hence I guess from their perspective you would appear to be getting something for nothing :( I don't see it that way and hope that you at least continue to get SM HD2.

Personally I would love to see a HD sub (maybe for a few quid more) that gave you HD movie and sports channels without the need to have the SD packages as they do this for the non-premium HD channels as you get ALL of those even if you only have 2mix. The reason I'd like to see this is because I can't remember the last time I watched the SD sports or movie channels so would be nice to have an all inclusive HD sub :) Not likely to happen though is it :(

Looks like the reshuffle is designed to try to con people in your position to upgrade their package. Typical Sky! :censored:s!

Exactly - I'm wondering how long its going to be before the non-premium HD channels are mix dependant too and thereby completing Sky's transistion to SkyHD service being an add on to the Skyworld package only :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom