SKY HD and magic eyes!

thearch

Standard Member
Hi all i have searched through and read lots of posts on my issues but there are so many different solutions i thought i'd ask my own!!
I have sky+ in the living room and have just done an extension to the house so have ordered HD for the sunroom. Now i used to have multi room so i have an ordinary box still working in dining room but no sky. From the sky+ box i have cable running up to bedroom with magic eye so we can control from there. So i thought would be best if i upgraded the old box to HD and kept the SKY+ box in living room. Then i thought this will only work if i get multiroom again?
So basically what is my best way to get sky working in all rooms and is it possible to watch different channels in different rooms without multiroom subscription as i have 2 boxes?
Also in the extension the spark put a wall socket on with cable going up to roofspace but cable will not reach the sky dish so what options have i there? I hear sky engineers will not go into the roof space and am worried i will not get sorted - they will just leave me with new box working but not really where i want it!
Installation is due on wednsday and i'd like to have a good idea of what i should do before they come!
I have a amplifier/splitter should i just use it somewhere and have it running from HD box then on to the different rooms or can i have two splitters for the 2 boxes but then without multiroom i wont be able to watch different programmes?
Does anyone know what im waffling on about anymore cause i dont!! :boring:

HELP PLEASE!!:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom