Sky HD and logitech harmony remote

mp1434

Standard Member
I cant get the "exit" button on my harmony remote to act as the "back up" button on the Sky HD remote. I have re-learned the "backup" command using the original remote and it still doesn't work. anyone got any ideas?

Mr Mike

I have the same issues when using Device SAT but not when using watch TV activity or any other activity that sets the sky buttons up, very strange how it works fine as activity but not the device itself. Never spent any time trying to resolve it but not very often i would choose the device.

Would be nice to know the fix tho

mitchec1

Distinguished Member
Which harmony remotes do you seem to have a problem with?

The Sky HD box model no is DSI 8215 I've set up my 555 with this and have no problems

mitchec1

Distinguished Member
I cant get the "exit" button on my harmony remote to act as the "back up" button on the Sky HD remote. I have re-learned the "backup" command using the original remote and it still doesn't work. anyone got any ideas?

On the harmony software have you gone into the change behaviour of buttons setting.

Devices, your sky box settings, change behaviour of buttons
My exit button is set as exit for the digital set top box and works as a backup button

thfccambs

Banned
yeh i tried all that and btw i have a logitech harmony 885 remote

Works no problem with my HD box and 885.:confused:

On the harmony software have you gone into the change behaviour of buttons setting.

Devices, your sky box settings, change behaviour of buttons
My exit button is set as exit for the digital set top box and works as a backup button

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
yeh i tried all that and btw i have a logitech harmony 885 remote

I have the 885 and had the same issue to start with. I didnt realise initially that I had to set the BACK=EXIT buttons again in my "Watch PVR" Activity then go to "Change behaviour of buttons" as well as have it in the Device itself. Have you done that ?

J Roadley

Splendid thread, have the same problem - so shall play tonight to get my 885 working. Missus gets so wound up about it!

Jay53

Might have another play as well tonight then.

My problem is that I added my SkyHD box as the DSI 8215 onto my 555 and using the Watch Sky/TV activity, the Red, green, yellow and Blue buttons don't work which is a right pain when you want to get the HD channel list or use sky+ functionality

Ended up going back to using the SkyHD remote as the installer correctly set it up to control the basic LE32R41BDX functions with it.

mitchec1

Distinguished Member
Might have another play as well tonight then.

My problem is that I added my SkyHD box as the DSI 8215 onto my 555 and using the Watch Sky/TV activity, the Red, green, yellow and Blue buttons don't work which is a right pain when you want to get the HD channel list or use sky+ functionality

Ended up going back to using the SkyHD remote as the installer correctly set it up to control the basic LE32R41BDX functions with it.

Neil if you need a hand let me know. I've got my 555 working with HD under your sky set up on activities use the customise buttons options, the rest is easy

Jay53

Thanks for the offer

Did make a mistake though as I have the 525 not the 555. Will still have a play though :)

livingbasshead

Don't know if this will help but here's what I have my harmony 555 mapped to SkyHD remote:

555-SkyHD
Prev - BackUp
Exit - InputSky

I prefer using the 'exit' key in this way so you can get straight out of the sky menus.

btw, I too had to map the coloured buttons manually, but they work fine now. :thumbsup:

Jay53

All sorted for my 525 now and the missing mapping of red, green, blue and yellow buttons.

Checking the Harmony Remote via PC software they had been setup for the Skyhd as a device but not as part of the watch tv/sky activity.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom