Question Sky hd and freesat from same dish?

bobflunkit

Prominent Member
Reaction score
sorry, but I couldn't find the answer after 20 minutes of looking through old threads.

I've got sky dish with a quad LNB, 2 of which are used for my sky+, Can I use the other 2 connections on the LNB for 2 more freesat TVs?

And will I have any viewing issues, as regards to watching 3 different channels and recording 1 other different channel.

And will I just receive hd channels from the sky dish feed and the others from std terrestrial aerial. As I'm having issues with my old aerial, which I could do with getting rid of as it's going to be difficult to replace.

Yes you can use the two spare lnb outputs to feed two freesat TV's. The Freesat TV's will not affect the Sky box in any way and will have SD and HD channels. Puzzled your Sky box should also have HD and SD channels. Assuming the TV's have usb recording you can record up to 4 at once. Two on the Sly box and one each on the TV's. Watching another channel will depend on the Freesat TV's. Some freesat tuners can record one channel and view a second on te same transponder.

Cheers, that's great news. Our old tv aerial is useless and we can only get very limited free view channels on the 2 bedroom TVs. Just got to see if I can accost a sky tv fitter, and see if he's ready to lose a lot of cable.;). And if I'm correct, I can still have a sky feed sent to 1 tv upstairs in a different input with a magic eye attached, can't I?

Cheers, that's great news. Our old tv aerial is useless and we can only get very limited free view channels on the 2 bedroom TVs. Just got to see if I can accost a sky tv fitter, and see if he's ready to lose a lot of cable.;). And if I'm correct, I can still have a sky feed sent to 1 tv upstairs in a different input with a magic eye attached, can't I?

Depending on how old the Sky box is it will either have a built in modulator or require a separate plug in I/O link. This creates a PAL analogue TV channel which can be tuned into by running a coax cable from the rF2 output to the aerial sockets on your remote TV's. It also provides 9V DC power for magic eye remote control. To view this your remote TV's must have a legacy PAL analogue TV tuning capability.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom