SKY HD and Freesat from LNB??

glugwine

Hi guys,

Just a technical question, I had Sky HD installed in October and a new LNB (thing on the end of the dish?), I have two cables running from the LNB to my Sky HD box.
I was looking at putting another HD source for the back room, and I seem to have 2 empty cable slots on the LNB??

Could I 'add' a cable and run this to a Freesat HD box for the back room?

Also is it something I could do at the LNB end or would I need a professional in?

gbmitie

its a doddle, you can do it yourself, all you need is, sat cable, 2 plugs called f connectors, a knife to strip wire and bobs your uncle. the f conncectors scew into the lnb and into the sat box. that lnb will have 2 spare outlets so you could run 2 freesat boxes.

post back if still unsure

gb--

glugwine

its a doddle, you can do it yourself, all you need is, sat cable, 2 plugs called f connectors, a knife to strip wire and bobs your uncle. the f conncectors scew into the lnb and into the sat box. that lnb will have 2 spare outlets so you could run 2 freesat boxes.

post back if still unsure

gb--

Looks like an easy job then:smashin:
I will probably wait until the PVR unit is out for Freesat, will be a good backup for spare room, thx for that appreciated:thumbsup:

Albion

Well I have 4 Cables running from my dish,which means I have no free connections......damn I really wanted ITV HD.

:rotfl:

gbmitie

dont panic you can get an octo lnb, ie 8 outlets. not 2 expensive either on ebay and very good, way better than sky.

gbmitie

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom