Sky+HD Advice.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by belbin369, Feb 2, 2009.

1. belbin369

belbin369

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    hi all

i have standard sky downstaires and multiroom in my brother's room and now i want it in my room but i want the sky+hd box with the deal 49 pound so i done it yesterday and i got a email saying thank for your regsteration and today i got another email saying about installing it within 3 to 6 weeks and about the order and i wanted to know if ive done something i shouldnt have done or am i aloud sky+hd in my room.

sorry if there were any spelling mistakes.

2. StevieBuck

StevieBuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +674
    So what exactly are you asking??

The installer will replace one of your existing boxes with an HD one. If you want it setup in another room they should do this for you.

3. belbin369

belbin369

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    thanks for your reply m8

i want to add another box to my room and i want sky+hd and i wanted to know if i can do that or do i have to have it downstaires thanks.

i havent got sky in my room so will they install it in my room and a phone line.

4. StevieBuck

StevieBuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +674
    If you have two standard boxes there already, they'd normally just change one of them out for the new box. If you tell them you want it in another room they should install new cables to wherever they're needed. They'll use one of the Sky viewing cards from one of these two boxes though, in you're new box - so although you might still have a 3rd box connected, it won't work properly for any subscribed channels (you should still get some free channels on it)

As for the phone line, they'll run an extension from the closest phone point. They won't install one with a proper faceplate on the wall if that's what you mean.

5. belbin369

belbin369

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    so we cant have 3 sky boxes.1 downstaires 2 in mine n my brothers room.he already has sky multiroom its where i want multiroom but i want the sky+hd box because ive got a hd tv.sorry 4 being a pain m8 but is what im saying right

6. StevieBuck

StevieBuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +674
    I assumed you just wanted to upgrade one of your old boxes, and then have it moved to a new room at the same time. If you wanted three boxes working fully, then I have no idea how this will work. When I've spoken to someone about Sky multi-room, I've only ever heard of a setup with two Sky boxes. You may be better off phoning Sky directly to see if they can do this.

7. belbin369

belbin369

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    (this is what it says on there website)

A Sky dish can support up to eight standard Sky boxes.

^If you haven't had a free dish and box from Sky before, you will likely be eligible for our free Sky box offer. Otherwise, a standard Sky box costs £49.

Free Sky box offer: You do not have to subscribe to Sky TV. Limited to one per household.

*Per month, per box.
    **£49 box price for your first Sky+HD box only.
    £99 Sky+ box offer not available to existing Sky+/Sky+HD box customers (£199 box price applies).

***Dolby Digital 5.1: Available on many programmes. Compatible home cinema system required.

Standard set-up: Standard set-up for £49 Sky+HD box is free for new customers and £30 for existing (free if taken with Multiroom.) Standard set-up for £99 Sky+ box is £30 for new customers or £60 for existing (£30 if taken with Multiroom). Standard set-up for a Sky box is £60 for new and existing customers. Standard set-up £117.45 without Sky TV. Non-standard set-up may cost extra.

Sky TV Subscription: Packages from £16.50-£46 per month (pm).

Sky+: Sky+ box £99 when you take Sky TV and existing customers sign up to another 12 month minimum term for Sky TV. One £99 box per household and not available if you already have Sky+/SkyHD/Sky+HD box. Sky+ box price £199 for customers not eligible for £99 box price (Sky TV subscription required). Sky+ can store an average of 40 hours of programmes. Sky+ functionality requires a Sky+ subscription (free for Sky TV customers, or £9.75 pm) and two satellite feeds.

Sky+HD: 9.75 pm for the HD Pack. Sky+HD box £49 when you take the HD Pack and Sky TV and existing customers sign up to another 12 month minimum term for Sky TV. One £49 box per household and not available if you already have SkyHD/Sky+HD box. Sky+HD box price £199 for customers not eligible for £49 box price (Sky TV and HD Pack subscriptions required). Sky+HD can store an average of 30 hours of high definition and 80 hours of standard definition programmes. HD ready TV required.

Multiroom subscription: Provides the same Sky TV channels as your main Sky TV subscription on a box in another room. You must subscribe to Sky TV throughout and an extra box is required for each Multiroom subscription. Each box you have must be connected to the same fixed telephone line at all times. To receive your HD subscription channels in another room, you’ll need another Sky+HD box and HD Pack subscription.

8. Andy4k6

Andy4k6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I know what you mean,

Yes, you can do what you want.

Your box downstairs and your brothers will be fine as they are. Sky will come and install a new cables and the HD box in your room if that's where you want it.

You will need an extra multi room subscription (2 multi room subscriptions in total) and you will need a HD subscription.

So the extra cost will be £19.50 per month, and you will have all 3 boxes working.

Hope that helps

Andy

9. belbin369

belbin369

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    your a STAR andy i got scared when i heard i couldnt have 3 boxes now i have to w8 3 to 6 wks ( HURRY UP )thanks again andy