Sky HD activation...

N

nick90453

Hi There,

Just wondering how to go about this when my box arrives, I am living in Germany and have sky plus so i will just swap the boxes, easy enough so far, now for pairing card and box, do i have to get the box to call back? This will obviously not be possible from where i am, or can i do the pairing by just phoning sky ? Any help would be great especially as to whether the box itself must call sky in the installation procedure.

TIA

Nick

ps I know that the HD box should be connected to the phone line for the first 12 months, but i do not have multiroom.

I believe you normally phone them.
If you do so, they'll know where you are and refuse.
You need to send the cards and kit home to get it authorised, I think.
But I'm not 100% on that.
I'm going from memory on a forum about 6 months ago.

My HD setup was done by the box calling back - which it would not be able to do from abroad.

There is a forum somewhere that talked about this.
Try a net search for "Sky abroad" or similar.
I really can't remember if there is a way round this.

Thanks for the replys so far, but does anybody definatley know if box callback is essential for pairing the card and box.....?

All I know is that the engineer did a call back on the box before calling Sky. The Sky CS asked the engineer later if he had done a callback, and he said yes.

Btw, having the Sky HD box connected to the phone line for 12 months is nothing to do with multi-room - it's part of the contract in subsidizing the cost of the box.

PS I've worked in Germany for a year and I feel your pain. Such a stupid idea - they should make allowances for ex-pats!

It's all about copyright etc though, isn't it?

I would agree, if you're paying the sub, where's the problem?

But it's not that simple :(

nick90453 said:
Thanks for the replys so far, but does anybody definatley know if box callback is essential for pairing the card and box.....?

without pairing you only get BBCHD with no recording facility....I also lost the premium channels I subscribe to...skymovies, sport etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom