Sky + haunted 2

STOWITBELOW

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed the red light on, on my box. I looked in the planner but nothing was being or schedualed to be recorded. Turned it of, & back on, no change (other than green power button turning red). I then began to wonder if the red central lamp ment something other than recording, & I'd just not been paying attention to the instructions. I tried turning off the display - no change. I then got engrossed in my viewing & forgot all about it. I usually, & did last night, turn Sky off from my bed via the link so dont know if it was on or off last thing. Today however everything's back to normal - no red lamp. Is this the Sky+ ghost manifesting its self in a new & spookier way, or is there a logical explanation?

That happened to me a few days ago,spooked for a bit.The annoying thing is,if i go into the planner,the bar at the top that shows how much space a program has taken up,shows a space recorded,but no program ? ? ? ? How do i get it sorted ? :confused:

FROM THE LAST POST WHILE YOU ARE DOWN IN THE WOODS
TAKE A SHOVEL AND BURY THE USELESS OBJECT

It might be whatever SKY+ uses for it's Table Of Contents on the HD is corrupt and generating used space in the bar which no longer exists or never existed in the first place.
You could try a simple reboot or if it really bothers you archive anything important and wipe the hard drive.

On the remote.........

Services
Select

Then select option 7.... FULL SYSTEM RESET

You will lose all the recorded programs and any series link data, so you have been warned:)

Well my lights out now & I've no phantom entries on the planner, so I'm not intending to delete all my nonsense, but it is all rather spooky.

So,noobie question i know,but,if i do a system reset,what exactly will happen ? ? :suicide:

Exactly what I said:)
The hard drive will be erased and you will lose all the recordings and series link data. No subscription data in regards to the SKY+ sub or channel package will be lost as that is contained on the smartcard and the currently loaded operating system is also kept intact.

The SKY+ once the reset is confirmed will go into Housekeeping mode and then after it's finished it will reboot itself and default to standby mode. Then it's business as normal:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom