Sky has broken my box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by alby28, Apr 27, 2007.

1. alby28

alby28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok what gives.I woke up Wednesday to find my sky box had turned itself off.When i turned it on,i find the red anytime button,Great i thought!Anyway,wakes up Thursday to find the same thing.Sky has turned itself off.Only now there is no anytime button,no planner!!! and my box wont record or pause live tv.It wont even let me set a reminder for programs.I tried a hard reset But it didnt change a thing.My warranty ran out on the box 8 weeks ago But im sure the problem is down to the software updates.

Mark

2. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    Force a firmware update in the usual way with the backup button, then reboot it.
    If that fails then I'm afraid it's knackered.

3. alby28

alby28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried doing that already.Thats the one where you keep the back up button pressed in right?At the minute i get the error message system fault when i try to record a program.Like i said it was ok untill Sky started this Anytime crap.

Mark

4. superbike999

superbike999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Not sure which box you've got, but the HD update from 2 or 3 weeks ago, included a power saving mode, called auto standby. It's under Sky + setup menu. It may have now filtered down to Sky + & standard digiboxes. It's a feature which switches the box off if you don't use the box or touch any buttons for 2 hours after 11pm and you have left it switched on. There's a warning comes on the screen about 1am, before it switches into standby.

You can disable it in the menu settings if you want to.

Dave

5. superbike999

superbike999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    As a PS to the above, I have found my planner is a bit slow to come up after the update. It sometimes comes up with "Please wait", which it did not do before. Try disabling the auto standby and the anytime feature and see if that helps

Dave

6. alby28

alby28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Auto standby has been disabled.And the anytime function disappeared on Thursday :mad: Still no recording function :(

Mark

7. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    What manufacturer of box, what version number and what EPG software version? - "Services" "System setup" "System details" - first, third andbottom lines please?