sky+ harddisk

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by itcosthowmuch, Nov 12, 2003.

1. itcosthowmuch

itcosthowmuch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Hi all (1st post so please be gentle!!!)

I've had sky+ since October 2002 and have been happy with it. Although today I went to watch a programme recorded on the hard disk but nothing happens :mad:

The programme is shown on the schedule and I can access the info on said programme (and anyothers recorded) but when selecting it to watch I get returned to the 'live' channel which was on previous.

Has my disk had it? Has anyone else had trouble like this?

Oh and it is now showing to be recording a further programme (intentionally), but not sure if this one will be viewable later.

Thanks for any help

Mart

2. mgriffit

mgriffit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Had similar issues with my box (had since November 2002).

Seemed to be confined to programs that were a few weeks old or more. Strange that, as you wouldn't think that digitally recorded information would degrade! Sky bloke wouldn't believe it either until I showed him at which point he did think it was a disk problem and changed my unit. Of course I was still within my warrenty period so that was no cost to me.

Sky Bloke on the phone had previously talked me through re-formatting my disk first to see if it would clear the problem. It didn't for me but you might want to give it a go.

3. itcosthowmuch

itcosthowmuch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    thanks for the reply mgriffit. rebooted the box twice and it worked.....at least for now. Bad news however to hear I'm not the only one to have similar problems