Sky+ Hard Drive Upgrade

I have just ordered a 160GB Hard Disk to upgrade my Pace Sky + box.
Can anyone advise me how easy it is to do this and whats the best procedure also will my Sky box recognise a 160gb HD :oops: i have since ordering read that it may only recognise 137gb :oops:

Thanks for any advice.

chic

game over said:
Can anyone advise me how easy it is to do this and whats the best procedure also will my Sky box recognise a 160gb HD :oops: i have since ordering read that it may only recognise 137gb :oops:

Thanks for any advice.

if its a pace v2 box its very easy to do, you will need the torx type screw driver, then its a case of just removing the scews from the hard drive bracket, then removing the cables, then swop the bracket onto the new drive, match the jumpper settings on the drive, you then may have to move the thermal transfer pads on the sky box so they line up with the chips in the new drive, then plug the cable in rebolt back in to the box and close the lid. then preform a full system reset and this should format the drive for you.
You should get the full 160 gig i did when i did mine a couple of years ago. It will only take about 15-30 mins to do and is very easy.

neilmcl

game over said:

Thanks for any advice.
Depending on the model just follow the instructions here: http://www.morlocks.co.uk/sky.htm

Thanks for that very handy site that.