• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky+ Hard Disk Wont Power Down

King Antonius

Standard Member
Hey guys, i dunno why its doing this, bu its driving me nuts. Over the last few days, every time i put my Sky+ box into standby, the Hard Disk stays spinning, whirring away quite loudly. Usually it would switch off too, but over the past fewdays its stayed on. Ive had to uplug the box because its so annoying hearing a constant whirring when im rying to sleep.

Any ideas why its doing this?

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Sure it's the drive and not the fan?

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Well there have been many reports of fans not switching off and in the early days of SKY+ the drive spun 24/7 but that was changed a while back.

If a simple reboot hasn't solved the problem then reloading the firmware may help.

Turn the box off at the main and while holding the Back Up button on the STB turn the power back on and keep hold of the button until you see a message on the TV (which obviously needs to be on and on the SKY input:) ).

Do you have a PVR3?
If so try turning Anytime off and see if that makes a difference.

F

Fatwaz

is it well ventilated?maybe its getting hot and the fan is trying its best to keep it cool

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom