Sky Guide very slow

arenaman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with the Sky guide being really slow recently?

When I scroll through the guide it says "no listings available" next to a lot of channels before catching up with itself up to 10 seconds later.

Also the description of the program you highlight can take 10 seconds to change from the last one you highlighted. It used to change instantly but is just very very slow and has been so for about a week.

When I scroll through the guide it says "no listings available" next to a lot of channels before catching up with itself up to 10 seconds later.

Also the description of the program you highlight can take 10 seconds to change from the last one you highlighted. It used to change instantly but is just very very slow and has been so for about a week.
Try a forced software update and see if that speeds it up.
Which box are you using? I haven't experienced any sluggishness with the most recent version.

Thanks, I might give it a go but won't that lose everything out of my planner? It's just a standard HD+ box 500gb

I would have thought a planner rebuild would do the trick

A firmware update should not affect recordings. But before you try that, please reboot your Digibox (off and on at the mains after allowing the Hard Drive to "spin down") then do a Planner rebuild. This is more likely to fix a fault than simply replacing the firmware, which is updated automatically anyway.

I am also experiencing the same problem on two sky+HD boxes (2TB, 1TB), it is very annoying. Have you managed to solve this yet and if so, what cleared it?

Have you tried the solution given in Post#5?

I have switched off at mains and then rebooted and it is fine now but the problem has kept coming back. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I have had to do it since Christmas. I haven't done a planner rebuild yet.

I have had an update to my Samsung box overnight so am hoping the problems have been resolved. I will be trying it out later. I Have also just read on a sky forum that someone with a Pace box has also had an overnight update and his box is now a lot more responsive.
Samsung version is R010.070.94.00P (its being called a public trial release)------ other box firmware versions shown here:-
Skyepginfo - Sky+HD Firmware

Update :- Very Disappointing ---- fast forward still lagging on my Samsung Box.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom