• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky+ Guide Sloooooooow

Dave The Rave

Established Member
I have an Amstrad Sky+ box and it's Menu Guide is very sluggish and the box is quite noisey too. I have recently tried my mates Sky+ box ( which is a Pace ), and found that the Menu Guide is much quicker than mine!
Is this problem a general problem with Amstrad boxes, or is it just my bad luck?
Are Pace boxes generally quicker than Amstrad boxes?

Comments welcome.
:lease:

Leaat23

Established Member
Well from what I know now (after buying a second hand Amstrad 280 PVR3) and reading info on these forums, AFTER buying it:oops:, it would appear that the Amstrad box can be slow, noisy and also unreliable, this seems to be down to version number and serial number and may have been a faulty batch(I hope). The hard drive in mine clicks away to itself, the menus are slow(compared to my old Grundig sky box), but the box in general seemsto work fine with none of the other nasty problems that can be found on these forums, as yet.:lease:

The Pace boxes do appear to be faster and more reliable, but all boxes have their problems.

F

Fatwaz

try turning off instant rewind and see what its like.this can slow the box up as the HDD is always recording.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom