Sky goes wrong after 1 year - again

leeshim

Standard Member
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere.

I bought my original Sky package about 5 years ago. After 1 year and 1 week of ownership, the box failed. Result - engineer called out at cost of £50.

About 1 year and 2 weeks ago, I got Sky+ installed and the original box moved to the bedroom.

I am now getting "no satellite signal is being received" on both systems. A call to the helpdesk and they are categoric it is the dish or the LNB and an engineer is needed (for £65).

Strangely though, I can get BBC1, BBC2 and ITV plus digital teletext on the Sky+ box. I cannot get Ch4, Ch5 or any Sky channels.

Am I being paranoid or is it the dish/LNB at fault? If so, how can I still be getting 3 channels plus digital teletext through the Sky+ box?

I could just pay the £65 but I have heard similar stories of systems failing immediately they are out of warranty.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

tonym

Standard Member
say that you would like to cancel your subscription. This has worked for me. 3 times.Never fails. Assuming you subscribe.

pjclark1

Novice Member
I agree
phone up, cancel subscription, they will give you a free repair in no time.

P

panther

Leeshim

ive got exactly the same symtoms as you describe have you had any look in sorting it out.

S

sallyann

My Sky+ box failed twice a couple of weeks before the warranty ran out, and once more just after the warranty ran out. When I called tech support, they were more interested in selling me an extended warranty than fixing the problem. The problem was 'fixed' by a simple reset. I made it clear to them that I didn't want an extended warranty and if the box failed again I would probably scrap it and do without Sky. Strange, but it been working ok since then !
Call me suspicious but .........!!!!!

leeshim

Standard Member
Thanks all.

Bizarrely it does intermittently come back on so cannot be the dish - perhaps a faulty connection somewhere I suppose. Still cannot explain why I get BBC1, BBC2, ITV but nothing else most of the time.

Have tried resetting the box to no effect.

I have asked an engineering-literate friend of mine to have a look first before I go back to Sky.

C

Celebryn

Is there any update on this, as I to am getting unwatchable signals on all channels, expect the BBC channels.

Cheers,

leeshim

Standard Member
LNB was brokena nd needed to be replaced apparently. Still not sure how I was managing to get some channels and not others.........

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom