Sky GO & Now TV from Summer

RedAl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to Eurogamer Sky Go and Now TV will be available on PS4 from the summer. Its not really something that I`d use often but I`m sure it`ll please a few people crying out for more media abilities.

Hopefully it will work better than Now TV did on the PS3 last time I tried or Amazon Instant does for me on the PS4. For something as powerful as the PS4 (and its predecessor) it's surprising that equivalent apps on cheaper / less capable hardware outperform it.

Good news, I'm after the now TV app as it's the last thing the xbox 360 is needed for multimedia wise in my living room and this will almost tie up with my xbox live expiring and I wasn't planning on renewing this time so these apps wouldn't work anymore on there. Techradars article says now tv is scheduled for release "in the summer", sky go is "later this year"

Sky Go and Now TV announced for PlayStation | News | TechRadar

Sky go yes. Not interested in now tv and it's ridiculous prices.
£5 for sky's main entertainment channels is hardly ridiculous, if all you want is sky one and atlantic it's really cheap, much cheaper than getting sky through a dish even, even more so as you can watch 2 streams in different room so it's pretty much multiroom as well. The movies pack is half the price of what they charge traditionally as well

Sports however is a rip off, £9.99 a day is a joke, fine for a one off like a boxing match or something but I wouldn't regularly pay it without a few people chipping in to watch whatever it is

£5 for sky's main entertainment channels is hardly ridiculous, if all you want is sky one and atlantic it's really cheap, much cheaper than getting sky through a dish even, even more so as you can watch 2 streams in different room so it's pretty much multiroom as well. The movies pack is half the price of what they charge traditionally as well

Sports however is a rip off, £9.99 a day is a joke, fine for a one off like a boxing match or something but I wouldn't regularly pay it without a few people chipping in to watch whatever it is
It is ridiculous. £5 a day works out £150 a month. That's ridiculous.

Apologies if that's the case as that isn't too bad at all then.
No worries, the sports being daily doesn't make it the easiest thing to understand. The movies are £8.99 a month too

Anyway that's a bit off topic, the more devices they get it on the better, i still question sky go being that useful on here though as surely most people will have a sky box connected to the same TV as the PS4

No worries, the sports being daily doesn't make it the easiest thing to understand. The movies are £8.99 a month too

Anyway that's a bit off topic, the more devices they get it on the better, i still question sky go being that useful on here though as surely most people will have a sky box connected to the same TV as the PS4

Could be useful for those who may have it in a different room basically giving free multiroom. I know I'll be loading it up on the ps3 upstairs now saving a few £ a month.

Or may even cancel sky and leech the sky go off a family member (sure many will do this).

I like the fact Sky Go is coming as my PS4 is in bedroom, currently I use a scart sender/receiver to get Sky upstairs but you can obviously only watch one channel, having Sky Go in the bedroom will be much better quality wise and being able to watch different channel to the wife when she is watching Eastenders.

I have my PS4 plugged into the same TV as the Sky box but when VitaTV comes to the EU will then give me multi room.

A 2nd PS4 for the bedroom it is then for Sky Go :D

So glad NowTV is coming, may mean I can ditch Sky soon enough. Should start streaming in HD eventually too. £5 a month is a steal

So glad NowTV is coming, may mean I can ditch Sky soon enough. Should start streaming in HD eventually too. £5 a month is a steal

i agree ,im thinking about scrapping sky and using Nowtv as i don't really watch that much tv these days , only a few good show like 24, GOT, da vinci demons and a few others ,
but at the mo it's only on the ps3 , if i sign up , whats the picture quality like ?
are we talking SD or HD 720p , i guessing it wont be 1080p? (this is on the ps3 im talking about, i would ask over there but nobody seems to venture that way any more )

Live TV is SD and isn't great quality. Catch up is HD, I believe 720p but not surround sound, it's very watchable though.. Best option is to take the 30 day trial and take a look, you can cancel online so that's easier than trying to cancel a full sky sub. It's worth googling now TV and the device you plan to use as there's often deals like free Xbox live credit so you can actually make money in taking the trial offer

Live TV is SD and isn't great quality. Catch up is HD, I believe 720p but not surround sound, it's very watchable though.. Best option is to take the 30 day trial and take a look, you can cancel online so that's easier than trying to cancel a full sky sub. It's worth googling now TV and the device you plan to use as there's often deals like free Xbox live credit so you can actually make money in taking the trial offer

thanks , i would be using "catch up" as i normally finish work at 10pm , so anything good usually starts at 9 so i just record it and watch it later , but given the option to use "catch up" wouldn't make any difference to me .

i would be using the ps3 until the app comes out on the ps4 ,
i'll have a google around and see what what's , :smashin:

thanks , i would be using "catch up" as i normally finish work at 10pm , so anything good usually starts at 9 so i just record it and watch it later , but given the option to use "catch up" wouldn't make any difference to me .

i would be using the ps3 until the app comes out on the ps4 ,
i'll have a google around and see what what's , :smashin:
Here you go

Stream movies on your PS3 with NOW TV. Join NOW TV today | NOW TV

£10 psn credit when you take the movie trial, that should give you a good trial to see how good it works for you. Worth remembering as well that you can get now TV boxes with 6 months of service for £35, if the box might be useful in another room it's a good buy as you can watch on 2 devices at once

Is it for new members only? I subscribe to the entertainment pack and wouldn't mind £10 of free PSN credit on a movie trial

Here you go

Stream movies on your PS3 with NOW TV. Join NOW TV today | NOW TV

£10 psn credit when you take the movie trial, that should give you a good trial to see how good it works for you. Worth remembering as well that you can get now TV boxes with 6 months of service for £35, if the box might be useful in another room it's a good buy as you can watch on 2 devices at once

thank you ,
i have been looking around for the "entertainment pass" is this included in the link that you posted or is it just for the movies , ?
which i wasn't going to take as i use netfilx (with USunblock)

thank you ,
i have been looking around for the "entertainment pass" is this included in the link that you posted or is it just for the movies , ?
which i wasn't going to take as i use netfilx (with USunblock)
That's just the movies, but the quality is about the same for the entertainment pack, so try the movies, get the credit and if it's alright for you you can subscribe to the entertainment and axe the movie pack. It just means you get £10 for pan and get to give it a whirl before parting with cash.

If you happen to have an lg smart TV they were throwing out a great pack of months of films and a few sports passes for just using the app. I quite like now TV though, £5 isn't a lot for the premium channels, yes it's not as clear as Netflix but it's content you can't get anywhere else, not even on DVD half of it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom