Question Sky go issues on HTPC but not on Laptop!

nitram_tpr

Established Member
Reaction score
Howdy,
I recently built myself a new htpc based on the Ryzen 3400G APU. It works really well apart from Sky Go, which did work when I initially built it back in August but now it just refuses to work. Whenever I fire it up it goes through the motions, says checking for update and then closes. Every now and then (very rarely) it'll get past that, download and install a new update then I'll get a message saying " We're having problems connecting you. Please try again. (001) " If I'm really lucky that'll happen a few times in a row then I'll get a message about resetting but I'll lose my position in shows. I say yes to that and if I'm very lucky it'll get me to the Sky Go homepage but it is possibly 1% of the time. I've logged in to my sky account and removed that managed device but that doesn't help.
I also have a laptop and that works fine. Both on Windows 10, no extra virus / firewall over windows defender.
Any ideas?

I've deleted the app, run a registry cleaner, rebooted, re-installed and it is the same.

Have you tried the suggested fix.
Sky Help

In particular pay attention to cisco video part of the uninstall.

I did see that suggestion in a different thread, the thing is I don't have the cisco video process running on my machine!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom