Sky Go app no longer working on jailbroken iPhones

I had the size mis-match error, refreshing/reloading sources (and waiting for the refresh to complete) fixed it for me.

Love the fact that they've patched this. Awesome. :).

I restored then did a fresh JB again. I used the modmyi repo that was auto available when Cydia was installed the just paid the $2 and used xCon Alias. Well worth the money!

Has anybody also installed xcon alias for $2?

Do we need to or not?
I don't know whether we need it - but I have certainly paid the $2 principally to thank the author for updating XCon.

When you have bought it a note appears after Sprinboard is restarted suggesting that some Apps may refuse to work until updated, but to contact the author if this happens.

I don't know whether we need it - but I have certainly paid the $2 principally to thank the author for updating XCon.

When you have bought it a note appears after Sprinboard is restarted suggesting that some Apps may refuse to work until updated, but to contact the author if this happens.

I think that 90% of the people downloading a JB or 'free' apps do not appreciate the work that goes into development, I have been guilty of this too.

But since the work that went into JB on iPhone 4S I would like to think I have gained some perspective.

They simply take and live a happy life. When something doesnt work however, everyone is quick to request help and 'expect' a fix.

My point is this, pay the developers their small fee for their hard work while we sit here like Jabba the Hutt and reap the rewards...if they dont ask for a donation, then give them one anyway.

Good point, well made. I hope that as a result of your post a few more of us will consider making a donation, or at least buying the xcon alias app.

I donated the $2 which was the least I could do. The dev is a real joker I follow him on twitter and he twitted to the official SkyTeam telling them to tell their customers that sky go now works on jailbroken devices lol

I donated the $2 which was the least I could do. The dev is a real joker I follow him on twitter and he twitted to the official SkyTeam telling them to tell their customers that sky go now works on jailbroken devices lol

:laugh: Quality. Was there any response?

Happens on 2 different repos.

I've googled and read I need to use Ifunbox to move the .deb into the cydia install folder.

Will try it later.

i downloaded ifunbox, and also downloaded xcon 25, copied over to the cydia install folder, rebooted phone and all working now

Apparently some app developers are forcing people to update apps to the latest version once released......if so Xcon Alias is needed to stop this.

how do i do this all im gettin is mismatch even when i paid the donation?? can some plz help

how do i do this all im gettin is mismatch even when i paid the donation?? can some plz help

Try deleting the n00neimp0rtant repo in Cydia then add it again...this will refresh the apps and should work.

Hi all. Im still having the size mismatch problem when trying to download xcon25. Can anyone help me please?

Halczy said:
Hi all. Im still having the size mismatch problem when trying to download xcon25. Can anyone help me please?

Reboot your iPhone, make sure you are connected to wifi and try again :)

:lease:
Reboot your iPhone, make sure you are connected to wifi and try again :)

Yeah tried that already. Also tried re entering repo. Wifi connection is fine and im using it so i dont think its that. Any other ideas? Thanks for your reply. :)

Halczy said:
:lease:

Yeah tried that already. Also tried re entering repo. Wifi connection is fine and im using it so i dont think its that. Any other ideas? Thanks for your reply. :)

Download .deb file and use iFunbox to install it

http://n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo/, i have also searched for xcon in cydia and tried downloading those. Nothing works everytime it says size mismatch. If u brought the 2$ one would that work? I would have brought it already but im skint till friday, which is why i want the free 1. Thanks

Halczy said:
http://n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo/, i have also searched for xcon in cydia and tried downloading those. Nothing works everytime it says size mismatch. If u brought the 2$ one would that work? I would have brought it already but im skint till friday, which is why i want the free 1. Thanks

Have you tried modmyi repo?

That's the one I used

SSH into your iPhone (Var/Cache/Apt/Archives) and delete the partial download, restart Cydia and try again.

This worked for me...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom