Sky+ ghosting

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by robbie.k, Dec 29, 2006.

1. robbie.k

robbie.k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really need some good advice! Please!

I have a Panasonic TH-42PX600B
    Panasonic DNR-ES10 DVD Recorder
    Sky+ Box

Since I've had the T.V I've had ghosting, which is mainly around white letters, football players and the Sky's service screens, well more or less everything really! Strangely, however, the RF 2 is linked to a basic T.V with no ghosting?

I've read a number of threads and followed lots of practical advice and still the ghosting is there!

I have good quality Scart leads and they are all connected firmly. I have also tried a number of combinations.

I have read on a number of forums that discuss RGB. However, none of the threads tell you or explain how to change these settings within the Sky+ Box. I've not sure I have this setting on or not? I thought this might be a good starting point?

2. dts197

dts197

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +653
    To put it on RGB:

Press the services button
    Then system set up
    Picture settings
    Then under video output, it will either read "PAL" or "RGB". If it's on PAL, change it to RGB & then save new settings.

Hope this helps.

3. robbie.k

robbie.k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that I was looking in for advance set-up code for some reason! Well to honest I rang a local T.V shop for advice. He told me that in order to change the setting he would need to come out and use Sky Approved software at a cost of £35!

I still have the ghosting, well its more of fizzle around images that move?Any advice?

4. andykn

andykn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +232
    Have you turned off all picture processing on your TV? Noise reduction, that sort of thing.

Turn Sharpness down to nothing or its lowest setting but one.

Make sure your contrast and brightness aren't set too high - look at the TV showing a street scene, say on the news, and then look out of your window; does it look similar? Lots of people like a TV picture that does not resemble reality, even if obvious differences are pointed out.

5. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    I can understand a local engineer/retailer coming out and setting up your equipment for a price but "Sky Approved software"...that's a new one on me :confused: