• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky + getting a bit confused

james_19742000

Established Member
Hi,

I am thinking about getting Sky+, I already have Sky Digital with the full monthly package, and after reading through the Sky site, it seems that I can have a new + box for £49 with free installation and the Sky + subscrition will be free as I have a full sky subscrition anyway, the only thing that is confusing me is the multiroom, looking on the website I understood it that I can just use my normal Sky box to transfer upstairs and the multiroom subscrition will be free due to me having the full subscrition anyway? Am I right or wrong?? Which plus box is the best one to go for, just that I know you dont get a choice, but if the man turns up with a few of each in his van, which one should I try and get him to let me have???

I know theres a lot here, thanks, James.

Geordie Bry

Established Member
james_19742000 said:
Hi,

I am thinking about getting Sky+, I already have Sky Digital with the full monthly package, and after reading through the Sky site, it seems that I can have a new + box for £49 with free installation and the Sky + subscrition will be free as I have a full sky subscrition anyway, the only thing that is confusing me is the multiroom, looking on the website I understood it that I can just use my normal Sky box to transfer upstairs and the multiroom subscrition will be free due to me having the full subscrition anyway? Am I right or wrong?? Which plus box is the best one to go for, just that I know you dont get a choice, but if the man turns up with a few of each in his van, which one should I try and get him to let me have???

I know theres a lot here, thanks, James.
multiroom is an extra tenner
if u have the option go for a pace box

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
yep, u wont pay for the Sky+ features (dual recording on one box, live pause etc) as you have full package, but you do have to pay for multiroom, an extra tenner, unless you dont need it, u could just upgrade to Sky+ in one room.......

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom