Sky FTV or Freeview

huntere

People

Having got the lounge sorted out AV wise I now need to go to bed and want that room sorted out too.

Options are Freeview or get old Sky box and FTV card?

Currently have old Pioneer ITV digital box and I don't get very many Freeview channels. I don't know if this is due to the old box or signal.
I live in a dodgy area but have high gain antenna with all the bits to get onto better transmitter (not my default) but the old default one is still connected vis signal combiner.

I am considering a Tosh LCD and comments state the the DVB tuner is very good even in weak areas. Will this suffice? I really want built in to avoid boxes etc in bedroom but no point if I only get a few Freeviews

Any other considerations of Sky FTV over Freeview?

Thanks

Evan

JayCee

Distinguished Member
huntere said:
People

Having got the lounge sorted out AV wise I now need to go to bed and want that room sorted out too.

Options are Freeview or get old Sky box and FTV card?

Currently have old Pioneer ITV digital box and I don't get very many Freeview channels. I don't know if this is due to the old box or signal.

It may be a combination of both.
If you re-scanned for channels did you do an "Add Channels" or "Store Channels"?
You must "Store Channels" to get the new additions to the Freeview line-up.

huntere

Hmmm

I did Add channels but it didnt find any!

I tried Store channels but don't know the pin - its a hand me down box.

Am going to try to hook up the aerial to my 436XDE tomorrow and see how that goes. That should tell me something I guess

JayCee

Distinguished Member
huntere said:
Hmmm

I did Add channels but it didnt find any!

I tried Store channels but don't know the pin - its a hand me down box.

Remove the card and chuck it...it isn't needed and it won't ask for a pin and then do a "Store Channels" and get all those channels you are missing out on.
:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom