1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky freezing with Tosh MT200

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Lyricman, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Lyricman

Lyricman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    coonected a sky box to Tosh MT200 and when watching football it sometimes goes into slow motion then seems to catch up. I watched many other fast action rugby etc. and I can't get it to do it. We had an old Hitachi projector that never seemed to do it.
    The Proj is set to dynamic. Is this a Sky fault or projector. Apart from this the picture is excellent even using the composite video input.

2. ZippyCat

ZippyCat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I think this is partly to blame on Sky & the projector. Any errors or slight inaccuracies in a Sky broadcast may trigger a slight quirk within the MT200 scaler. I would imaging the algorithms used by the scaler are heavily dependant upon previous motion vectors, which at some point are averaged. When a Sky broadcast encounters a slight judder a domino effect may be set off, whereby the scaler exaggerates the slight inaccuracy. This will naturally take time to disappear from the final image as the error will still be present for a short while in the algorithms. I believe this is made worse by connecting the projector to Sky at a composite level, try using either S-Video or RGB.