Sky+ freezing, jumping and recording errors

M

morgan dumply

Sky+ problems: Pace BSKYB 3100

While away on holiday last week I set my Sky + to record six programmes all series linked and all on BBC1 West.

1. ‘New Tricks’ recorded two days after I left on holiday but jumps backwards and forwards.
2. ‘Doctor Who’ failed to record at all merely showing a freeze frame of the last programme I have looked at from the recorder or live television.
3. ‘Country File’ recorded satisfactory after a jumpy start.
4. ’55 Degrees North’ failed to record, but shows part of ‘New Tricks’ jumping backwards and forwards.’
5. ‘A Picture of Britain’ failed and shows a freeze frame as 2.
6. ‘New Tricks’ appears to have recorded but jumps backwards and forwards and also jumps between ‘Hollyoaks’ (I think) and “Breakfast News” which I hadn’t programmed.

This happened a few weeks ago when I was also away, although on fewer recordings but noticeably ‘Doctor Who.’

At the time Sky’s only response was to get me to unplug everything, switch it all off and plug it all in again. This reset failed to correct the problem last time and they suggested deleting the affected programmes or reformatting the disc losing everything on it, which I haven’t done. Since then I’ve had no problems, although I have used the system almost every day, only for it to return last week.

The Sky + will be 12 months old in a couple of weeks and Sky have tried to sell me a warranty package a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps I should have accepted.

I guess this is a hard disc fault, although I wonder if it’s linked to software upgrades.

Can you throw any light on the problem please and have you any advise on what I should do next?

Wow, I've noticed something similar, especially on bbc1.

And my 12 months is up in about 2 weeks,

spooky conspiracy theory anyone??

Depends on whether you can change a hard drive yourself or not. A new hard drive can be purchased for a lot less than the £99 that Sky want for a service plan.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom