Sky+ freezing & crashing

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by davewc, Nov 22, 2003.

1. davewc

davewc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had Sky + for a week, and it has started freezing during playback of recorded programmes. It then crashes and I have to give it a hard-reset (i.e. pull the power).

I tried to ring Sky - 75 minutes waiting time.

DON'T BUY THIS CRAPPY PRODUCT!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    With all do respect any product can fail inside a week although it has to be said that PACE build quality is questionable or at least that is the perception I am getting. However as mentioned before when you read forums and newsgroups etc you tend to see mainly negative posts:)

If you really are totally p****d off with SKY+ then go a for full refund, haven't seen any current T&C's but I recall you have a month in which to cancel with no penalty.
    Getting through on the phone can be tricky, try phoning the standard CS number as well as the SKY+ number and then not at the weekend when staff levels are lower.

3. davewc

davewc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've finally got through to Sky.
    Apparently, "the BBC have increased the data rate on some programmes, causing Sky+ boxes to freeze" and they are currently "in negotiation with the BBC to sort out the problem".
    Has anyone else heard of this?

4. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +768
    I have 2 Sky+ boxes, a version 1 and a version 2.

In the last couple of days, the version 1 box has started freezing after exiting from live pause. The version 2 box is ok.

I'd guess it's a software problem that they'll probably update soon.
    Previously, my version 1 box has been trouble free for 2 years so I don't think its faulty.