1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky/freeview setup

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by doctorjuggles, Mar 7, 2005.

1. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I currently have Sky running into the bedroom using one of the extra RF out sockets on the back of the Sky box. The quality is okay, but the problem with this is that whatever is on in the lounge has to be watched in the bedroom.

I was wondering if hooking up a freeview box to the cable in the bedroom would sort this out? It seems unlikely because logic tells me I'd be able to tune the TV in the bedroom if this was the case, but I'm not 100% sure either way.

Can anyone advise, please?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm unsure how to search this specific question.

Cheers

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    It would depend how good the DTT coverage is in your area and the quality of the aerial and cabling supplying the STB.

If you are thinking about connecting the aerial to the SKY+ and then taking it out and upto the bedroom to give you both the SKY+ RF output plus the analogue/digital RF signals it is possible but a lot of things can make the singal unuseable.