1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Freesat Query

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by forrestgump, Jun 11, 2005.

1. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Cancelled my sky subscription ages ago cos I think it is a waste of money, paid them the £20.00 for the freesat card just to get some extra channels for nowt, problem is now, you have to toggle through 100's of channels on the on screen menu to view the channels you have, it does not remove channels like sky one etc rather than just having the ones included in the package, spent about 2 hours pressing enter for each channel only to be told it is not included and would I like to upgrade, cannot programme all 200 channels using the favouirites because that only allows 20 to be set?

yes there is a list on their website showing all the channels you get, maybe I have to ptint that off and have it with me each time I want to change channels, still have to toggle through the on screen guide to find it though!!!

Any ideas, sky, another waste of my time!!

2. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +616
    I know......it's a bit of a pain. :(

I've set favourites to:

101.........start of main channels
    115.........start of 'other' main channels
    455.........start of music channels you can receive
    501.........start of news channels
    plus whatever else you fancy, kids etc

Not 100% ideal, but a combination of blue button plus up/down gets you there pretty quick.

It would be handy if you could some how 'blank out' the channels you don't receive but can't see Sky helping us Freesat viewers out :rolleyes:

HTH

RDB :)

BTW Did you try out your existing viewing card before giving Sky £20? Just curious because my existing card worked for Freesat after I cancelled my Sky package.

3. MAD ANDY

MAD ANDY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    interesting....

This is not what I am being told by Sky and Freesat who are saying you need to invest £20 into a Freesat card, the below is quoted from the website:

http://www.freesatfromsky.com/?pID=6

"I already have digital satellite equipment - what else do I need?
    All you need to get access to the free channels available on the digital satellite platform is a freesat viewing card which costs just £20."