Sky freesat & PVRs

D

davidjw3000

This has probably been answered already but I have cancelled sky and have a sky+ box and an old sky receiver. Can I connect either of them to a PVR? I assume there is no way to get the sky+ box do simple recording without the subscription?

I'm in Ipswich and so cannot get any digital braodcasts other than via satellite apprently

cheers.

Just fire in your postcode to check. Done a few Ipswich codes and they all seem to work.

I assume there is no way to get the sky+ box do simple recording without the subscription?

That's correct. You have to pay Sky £10 a month for the recording functionality. This is something they will not give you by itself so the only way to get it is to sign up for a Sky+ package, then cancel a few days later but volunteer to continue to pay the £10 a month.

As you already cancelled I think you burned that bridge.

Freeview questions should be put in the Freeview forum. Be sure to give your postcode if you want a complete answer. Sky discussions should be in the Sky forum. (This one is for non-Sky satellite).

That's correct. You have to pay Sky £10 a month for the recording functionality. This is something they will not give you by itself so the only way to get it is to sign up for a Sky+ package, then cancel a few days later but volunteer to continue to pay the £10 a month.

As you already cancelled I think you burned that bridge.

Freeview questions should be put in the Freeview forum. Be sure to give your postcode if you want a complete answer. Sky discussions should be in the Sky forum. (This one is for non-Sky satellite).
Hi Sam! Was the postI made elsewhere not true then?
This DS thread (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/...5&page=2&pp=25&highlight=second+hand+contract) especially posts 28 and 29 might be of interest

have a sky+ box and an old sky receiver. Can I connect either of them to a PVR?

PVRs cannot accept external inputs from a Sky box or any other satt receiver...they only accept an aerial input and record the broadcast stream.
Any scart inputs on PVRs are only used for loop-through purposes.
DVDRs can accept external inputs.

Seems you already know the answer then.

Just ditch sky and get a decent pvr,why pay sky £10 just to record,anything worth recording will be on freeview anyway.

Not with you old noy. I dont need to know the answer, as I was not the threas starter, but was pointing to an ealier post. Sam's advice seemed to negate that, so I asked which was right= what he wrote or the statement in the DS thread.

"Just ditch sky and get a decent pvr,why pay sky £10 just to record,anything worth recording will be on freeview anyway."
Was the reply to the poster,that's why i left the big gap, sorry for the confusion,your right i didn't make that clear.

Hi Sam! Was the postI made elsewhere not true then?
This DS thread (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/...5&page=2&pp=25&highlight=second+hand+contract) especially posts 28 and 29 might be of interest

Sky used to accept a £10 a month fee just for recording functionality. Recently, however, I've seen reports that this is simply not an available option on the computer screen except to someone who knows how to hack into it. Thus you have the choice of making numerous phone calls until you eventually get lucky and find the guy who knows how to do it. Or you do it my way. Once you have an account, it's apparently easy to cancel it but leave the £10 a month fee in place. (I've added this reply to the other thread, too, just for info.)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom