1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Freesat - no ITV1 and 2??

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Rob100, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Okay, not quite as subject...

A couple of months ago I moved. A couple of months previous to that I cancelled my Sky subscription.

I've been battling with Aerials and Freeview and can get an okay reception from Sandy Heath, but not from Tacolneston which I really want due to ITV region (Anglia East). Anglia West news is not relevant to me whatsoever!

Then I learnt that Anglia East is now on Sky (was only Anglia West when I had a sub). I've bought a dish and have been playing tonight and have managed to "tune" so both sig strength and qual are approx 80%.

Using my old sub card I can get CH4 and CH5, both of which are FTV and not FTA which means my card must be working. However I cannot get ITV1 or 2. Have tried ITV1 regional and London. I have also tried manual tuning, but in all cases I get a message saying I must subscribe to receive the channel.

Any idea's? Must I give in and give Sky £20 for a new FTV card or am I missing something? I don't understand why CH4 and CH5 are working, but ITV1 and ITV2 are not?? Dare I risk forcing a software update?

Thanks,

Rob.

2. Heinz

Heinz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    It has nothing to do with digibox software - it's just that the card has missed 'stay awake' signals and needs to catch up.

Leave the card in. It'll come fully back to life in 24 to 48 hours.

BTW, there are now 3 Anglia sub-regions on Sky - E, W & S (Tacolneston, Sandy Heath and Sudbury).

3. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Thanks m8. I have put the dish up properly this evening and have left card in Sky box as suggested. Will let you know how I get on!

Rob.

4. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Tried to reply yesterday, but Forum was playing up.

Anyway.... 1st thing yesterday morning it was working :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Rob.