1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky+ free space

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by sonysideup, Jun 12, 2005.

1. sonysideup

sonysideup
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not sure if this is a prob or not but can anyone shed any light on this….

I had sky + installed three months ago and everything has worked fine. However, I noticed this morning the bar at the top of the screen which tells you how much free space is left seems to conflict with what's been recorded.

At the moment it tells me I have 30% left but if I add up the amount recorded it comes to about 45-50%. Is this a common discrepancy or do I have a prob? I was a bit surprised to see such a low figure as, apart from a couple of films, most of the stuff recorded is the usual half-hour soaps for my wife.

When we came back from holiday a month ago, I noticed the bar had stuck at 5% but I unplugged the box for a couple of minutes and that sorted that out straight away.

I've tried that this time but it made no difference to the figure. As I say, I'm not sure if it's a problem and the bar is adjusting to us deleting items so it is working but any advice is appreciated.

2. petekv32

petekv32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    seems a common problem.
    Can be fixed with a planner rebuild. (NOT RESET) and you wont loose your programs. Do a search for "planner rebuild" several posts.

3. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Press Services,4,0,1,select,7.Let the box do its thing, then switch it back on.This will recover the lost space but will not delete any of your recordings.