• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky free channels

H

hotuna

i cancelled sky a while ago, as i was happy just to recive the "free" channels, anyway no im getting no signal, so i was going to subscibe again to get a new dish, line & box.

ia there a better way of doing this as i only rely want the free chanels

:suicide:

Prominent Member
If you have the sky box and the card you should get all the free channels, although Channel4 and five may take a day to come back as the card will be "refreshed" if you leave the box connected on standby

Have you disturbed the dish/wiring/box/connection to tv?

H

hotuna

i did get all the free channels for a long time, but it now says no signal, & the whole set up is at least 5 years old, probaly closer to 10

Prominent Member
i did get all the free channels for a long time, but it now says no signal, & the whole set up is at least 5 years old, probaly closer to 10

Probably down to damp in the cables or lnb

The options, after you've made sure there is no obvious fault like loose connections at the dish if it is readily accessible, are to ask tv engineer/aerial guy how much he would charge to have a look, get a freeview box if you have a good terrestrial aerial and signal, or buy Freesat from Sky for a one off charge which is usually £150 but can sometimes be found at shopping centres/supermarkets/electrical stores for under £100

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom