1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Forum

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by patmyhead, May 19, 2003.

1. patmyhead

patmyhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi
    After haveing read this forum i have a a sugestion why not chang e the name to the SKY forum as all the threads seem to be about sky & nothing about real satellite .
    have a look at the skys guys there is much more up there than skys over priced offeing
    P@

:rolleyes:

2. Uncle_Bill

Uncle_Bill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [link removed by lynx]

The content of the site may be objectionable inas much as the availability of hex files and tutorials on use etc.
    Please read and understand the rules before posting.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Over 7million SKY digital users in the UK, how many are there that only use FTA hardware or STB's with CAM's ?
    Not a significant number which perhaps explains the abundance of SKY posts in these forums.

This is an open forum, if people want to post on non SKY digital satellite issues then they are more than welcome, no doubt we can all learn something:)

4. Uncle_Bill

Uncle_Bill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How many are taking their gear to spain/france/germany and elsewhere, the site mentioned in my post does not talk about sky tv because the subject matter is generally about getting satellite signals that can be decoded by means of cloned cards and emulators, -cloned cards and emulators.Read rule 5 please - lynx

the site also gets pulled down regularly due to sky and other channes providers putting pressure on the owners of the web hosting servers trying to stop the hackers and enthusiasts from stealing their service,

i do not wish that to happen to this forum as it is catering for a different market and it would be a shame to see it go underground.

However information about the receiving equipment is ok but the best place to get that is not here at the moment unfortunately

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    A few of the members are Sat guys with full motorised setups and home sat broad cast gear!
    This is however an AV foum so Satellite TV is only a small part!

6. patmyhead

patmyhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi
    I am registered with many sat sites & know what is avalible reguarding free to air or otherwise.
    I was not saying that this forum does any thing out side the law of the land, what ever that might be but makeing a sumwhat off the cuff remark that it seems only sky is mentioned when it comes to satellite & that there is many more opions for viewing from the heavens
    P@

7. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Just because it's against the board rules to encompass this subject ,don't assume there is not a wealth of knowledge on logging, hex writing etc to be found here.

8. Uncle_Bill

Uncle_Bill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    @lynx

I made the point in the post you edited Unnecessarily(Quoted above).

Rule 5:

Members of these forums must not

Post promotional information about any illegal activities (including pirating VCDs & DVDs). We at the AV Forums do not condone piracy, whether it takes the form of copying DVDs, emulating games or distributing MP3s. We will not permit people to use the forums to distribute files which are pirated or aid in the production of pirated material. People may discuss piracy but must not link directly to pirated material or files which facilitate the production or distribution of same.

You correctly edited my previous post that did have a link in it, Well done!!

Are you on a power trip or something? it is very clear that i was saying the other forum does not contain suitable material to be posted on these forums and i was not breaking Rule 5

Then you yourself boasted about hex files which in my book says if you can break rule 5 then maybe i can which of course i will not.

9. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    No.

I make no such boast '' don't assume there is not a wealth of knowledge on logging, hex writing etc to be found here'' is not a boast, it is a statement of fact - in any case i fail to see how that could be construed as a 'boast' anyway .
    How you can reconcile my post with a rule breach is nonsense.
    I suggest you contact admin regarding any action i have applied here.

10. Uncle_Bill

Uncle_Bill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I made my point.

I suggest you speak to admin and decide between you if i broke a rule.

Then you can decide to ban me for speaking out about incorrect moderation of my post.

of course i accept that the link i put up here was not supposed to be here, but to attack my other post was Unnecessary and i have said so.

:suicide:

11. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    You have pm.

12. DEO

DEO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The moderation seems a little tough, I appreciate links etc. are not allowed but at times it appears we have to tip toe

Dave

13. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Do you have any concept as to why i acted ?
    I you suspect i moderated inapropriately, once again i suggest you contact admin.To say you think the moderation is a bit tough is to imply that the rules are a bit tough.Take a long hard look at the number of threads i have edited/moderated on this forum (there will always be a note within the post/thread to confirm action has been taken).