Sky+ - forcing download of new software

RMCF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have recently got a Sky+ box and, although very happy with the features, am dismayed at how slow the software runs in comparison with my old Sony box (which was a flying machine).

On standard Sky digiboxes you can force a download of the latest version of the software by holding in the BACKUP button on the front of the box after you reconnect it to the mains.

I have tried this with my Sky+ box but nothing happens. Is there a way of doing it on Sky+ at all??

SOK said:
I have recently got a Sky+ box and, although very happy with the features, am dismayed at how slow the software runs in comparison with my old Sony box (which was a flying machine).

On standard Sky digiboxes you can force a download of the latest version of the software by holding in the BACKUP button on the front of the box after you reconnect it to the mains.

I have tried this with my Sky+ box but nothing happens. Is there a way of doing it on Sky+ at all??

Remove mains, hold "Backup" on the front panel WHILE RECONNECTING MAINS until all led's are lit............leave alone till it switches itself to standby..........wait one minute and switch back on.........it should now be the latest software version.

...... but beware, there is always the slight risk that the software download could stop the box working, so don't do it un-necessarily. The fact that the box seems slow may not necessarily indicate that a software update is required. The latest version has been out for several months now, and it's downloaded automatically, so there's every chance that you already have it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom