1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKy + for hire??

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by nshah, Nov 15, 2001.

1. nshah

nshah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello people,

This may seem a little strange but does anyone know where I can hire a piece of equipment that will let me record of Sky Digital for much longer periods than 6 hours. A sky + / Tivo recorder

Am only gonna use it once so I dont think its worth me buying one for the moment.

Thanks. Nik

2. UlricVonLichtenstien

UlricVonLichtenstien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't imagine anyone that would 'rent' a sky+ box, as they would be useless without the extra £10 subscription to Sky.

Without it and the resultant activation of the recording fcilities you're just left with a big satellite reciever with a faster EPG and a useless HDD.

3. Chippy99

Chippy99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +523
    When do you want to play it back? A Sky + or Tivo wouldn't be any good if you can't play back the recording because you don't have the box any more!!!

Assuming you want to record and playback straight away (although I can't see why), then perhaps you could rent / borrow a D-VHS player. They can record 21 hours at fairly good quality on a single tape.

Chip.