1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky+ for birthday

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by morganog, Oct 22, 2005.

1. morganog

morganog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been nagging and nagging the Mrs to let me have sky+ for months but she says no!!
    Its my Birthday next Thursday and she told me i was getting a surprise present delivered on that day 27th!!
    I have racked my brains out trying to guess what it is until yesterday morning when the mail came.... LOL she ordered sky+ and didn't tell them to send any paperwork to an alternative address!!!

What do i do???? tell her i know and that i have to re wire my install ready???

Or

Pretend i don't know anything , hide the letter and look surprised on the day of install???

Also i have to take a day off work now as there is no way i would let Mr sky loose on my stuff!!

Im not sure if she ordered with multirooom or not..
    It says £49 payment taken and OPTION of relocation of old sky box????
    If i have to go multiroom its gonna be a headache to change my distribution amp over to work from upstairs (where second box will go) as i would like my tv links to work that one!! independently of downstairs sky+.
    Also it mentioned in the letter that i would have to give notice to cancell the install of SKY+ or SKY HD!! Does this meen that HD Boxes are available now???

Any suggestions???

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    well, take the day off so you and her can have a lie in on your b-day, good excuse without giving away the game that you know its coming...heh

then just wait for the dude to come and install......see what he brings, tell him where you want it (after acting all surprised...heh) and enjoy :)

work out the rest of the stuff after, your mrs will prolly wanna just sit down and watch it with you, so dont get caught up with how its gonna integrate etc...you can sort that out another day.....be grateful she is letting you have it!..lol

(altho you can do a minor bit of preparation if you want regarding placement of the box, just dont make it obvious why you've done stuff, or do it when she out and in a way thats not too noticeable...lol)

3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    oh and no, it wont be a HD box, i think that will just be Sky using a new letter template most likely.....lol...