sky for 24flats

paulo1965

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have a block of 24 flats and I'm try to find some quotations or some ideas about the cost involve to setup a sky/freesat and aerial for those 24 flats,,,,,need run 2 cables to each flat and put one wall socket to get sky and freeview ,,,,, I will provide all the material: 80cm dish,multiswitch,aerial,pole,bracket,etc,etc,etc,,,,,basicly I need someone to do the labour
From the satellite dish/multiswitch to the flat on ground floor will be around 40/50mts ,,,,
If someone can give me a ideia how much charge to do a job like this or if have done a similar job and how much will cost I will appreciate,,,,
Thanks very much in advance for your help...
Paulo1965

Hi and welcome to the forum.
This is one for professionals and you may be lucky as we have one around.

Sky may well do this for you free of charge hoping they will get new subscribers. Not sure if they will do the terrestrial aerial though.

Thanks logiciel,,, thanks winston2010
But I cannot say to the tenants to subscribe with sky to get sky do for free,,, I assume sky ( or some sub-contract by sky) will do the job but they will charge me aswell I believe ,,,,

Still ask sky what they can offer . . The potential of x amount of prospective customers out of 24 households can add up to a lot over say 10 years .. 1 could pay for the whole installation in as little as maybe 3 years

If you have a system put in yourself though you can add other satellites which can increase letting a % depending where they are (eg London)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sky will almost certainly want to supply the kit for a job like this. Make sure they supply a detailed quote with breakdown of kit cost and time involved. You should research local installers as well and get them to quote for the same as well.
Sky used to do a free box for a one off cost that had all the basic channels,you could ask them to include that as part of the install. May get Tennant's to subscribe fully.
Are the flats occupied just now? If so you will have to give tennants plenty of notice about work.
What type of construction is the building? Where is the roof space access hatch ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom