Sky+ for £99???

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dapex, Sep 22, 2004.

1. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have been reading threads about you lucky peeps that have threatened to cancle the sky unless you get the Sky+++ for £99. When i phoned Sky i got a message telling me that they cant even match the internet only price of £150...

How do you get it for £99

2. john039

john039

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Well you answered your own question really dapex, threaten to cancel and see where it gets you, you have to give 1 months notice anyway so if you do get to the stage where they are gonna cancel you just ring up before the month is over and say you changed your mind.
    Nothing to lose really....go for it.

3. sargetheboss

sargetheboss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    just phoned sky on 08702 40 40 40 and told them i wanted to cancel.
    Done a deal £149 including being installed this sunday.
    This is for sky + with £35 subscription. :clap:

4. iansums

iansums

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    You MUST, MUST, MUST say the words "I wish to cancel my Sky subscription".

5. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    they are fitting on Friday. £99 inc fitting. The funny thing was if i wanted the current box moving they would have charged me more and you normally pay less if you have that.

I did just tell them i wanted to cancel

6. cheeseywang

cheeseywang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    so what happens when you ring Sky?

Do they leap in with the offer of cheaper Sky+ or do you have to say "of course if you were to offer me Sky+ for a good price..."?

7. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I rang and went straight through to the option to change my pacgake, then the option to discopnnect. They asked me why and i told them i was ****** about the fact that my next door neighbour who has never had sky before can get Sky+ cheaper than me, I made out i was discusted that a loyal customer who has been paying them for 2 years gets taken for granted like that. She then said hold one while she chatted with her boss, then she said that if i wanted I could have the Sky+ for £99 inc fitting as long as i did it there and then using my credit or debit card.

If they hadn't have offered i would have ceased, given my 30 days notice but then rang them up in a weeks time to continue my subscription....

Hope that helps

8. philinman

philinman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    if they still dont do it for £99 cancel your sky and get installed in some elses name who lives at your address eg wife husband girl friend ect worked for my parents :smashin:

9. cheeseywang

cheeseywang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    cheers - I'll give it a shot and let you know how I get on.

10. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,660
    I got it for £99 Monday gone. But then we'd never had an installation. We were on a second hand contract. NEVER go for one of those.
    If you're signing up with Sky for the first time ever, ALWAYS get a full install.

11. vince_vega

vince_vega

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    mine is coming on sat fully installed for £99 yee haa! :thumbsup:

12. derekduvalle

derekduvalle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto...
    I have just called Sky to cancel subscription, they offered me SKY+ for £99, installed this Saturday....... Yippee!

13. Spooksta

Spooksta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    I rang and was told £199

I then told them that i had heard that IF i said i wanted to cancel i could get Sky+ for £99 including a multi room (£10 more pm for this)
    The girl said "and do you want to cancel sir"
    "Well" i said i dont but if i have to say that to get Sky+ for £99 then i do lol
    Very bizar but i got there in the end :)

14. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Well I just got off the phone and was told it was ok if I wanted to cancel. Up to them I suppose, but i'm a bit :censored: off. Even though I have been with them for years and have always had sky sports package and for the past couple of years prem + it was no go. We will just have to see what happens now.

15. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I currently have a version 1 Sky+ which was never on contract. I just bought it from a local sateliite shop and they asked me to send in the contract when I got home. I just binned it instead.
    However my version is reported to still have the 17 minute bug and I am sick of running out of space. I would like to change mine to a version two and stick in a bigger drive (160gig). What are my chances of getting the £99 deal. I do not want to pay £400 for their new version just for a coupler of USB ports.

Do you have to upgrade from an ordinary box or buy a second subscription to get the deal?

cheers

16. derekduvalle

derekduvalle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have waited in all day for SKY to install my SKY+, £99 deal box.

I called them at 0930 as i hadn't heard from their engineer as to when he would be calling, as is SKY's policy.
    Sky told me that the engineer has phoned in sick( nice of them to call me and let me know) and that the job will be allocated to another engineer.

They said that they will call me before 1200 to confirm.
    They never did and at 1245 I called them again.

They said yes an engineer will be with you today before 1700.

Its now 1700 and no engineer, he will not be coming today thats for sure. :mad:

Just called SkY have been told that the engineer now could turn up anytime upto 1900... What a bunch of USELESS ******** SKY TV are.
    I have wasted my entire day waiting in for these morons, where I could of been out with my kids.

Its now 1952, have had a call from the engineer he will be here about 2000 hrs.
    How the hell can you install SKY in the dark.

I have called SKY and have been offered a £10 credit on my account, which I have refused, I am going to push for more.

This is NOT the way to treat loyal customers.... My entire day and evening have been wasted.

17. Reppy

Reppy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do those of you who have managed to get Sky+ for £99 still have to pay the extra £10 a month? I'm on the basic £19.50/month family package, and I can't really justify paying an extra £10 a month to be able to basically record digitally.

18. Spooksta

Spooksta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    You have to have a premium package to get the £10 pm taken off

19. broona

broona

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +551
    Try calling 08705 488485 to ask for the £99 installation, arranged mine 2 hours ago, no need to threaten cancellation or anything like that! ;)
    I just asked them straight up if I could have it for that price, as a couple of my friends had, and they said yes straight away. Upgraded to the G1 package at the same time, £34 a month for all the Sky sports, and Movies 2, 4, 6, and 8, £1 extra over just the Sports package. :smashin:
    Best bit, getting it installed on Tuesday!!! :clap:

20. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The G1 package was reported to have been discontinued (for new applicants) about 4 months ago with letters being sent to some people on that package, there are times when mis-communication in SKY CS has it's good points.
    :)

21. dvdrip

dvdrip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Just phoned sky told them i wanted to cancel as a friend at work got sky+ for£99 whereas i had to pay£199. Said i was going to go with Telewest as i had being with sky for 10 years and thought it was unfair that a loyal customer should be charged double. I was put on hold and passed on to cancellations explained story again and was asked would i stay if was offered £99 deal."Yes" Then asked would i pay for it tonight."Yes". Was then told as i had been with sky for over 3 years they would do that deal for me!
    Sky+ getting installed a week today!! Thanks for the advice guy's,it worked, hope you have some luck also.

22. gammyankle

gammyankle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    undefinedundefined :clap: :clap: :clap: IT IS TRUE, you can get sky+ for £99 inc. installation. I just called them tonight to cancel my subscription, they asked why and I told them because a friend at work got sky+ at the weekend for £99 installed where it would cost me £199.
    He went and spoke to his manager and agreed to do sky+ for £99 if i bought it tonight :eek:
    Oh and it gets installed on Thursday this week. No more having to watch the p!$h that she wants to watch :rotfl:
    Thanks to all the other people who have posted this topic, as I was going to get Sky+ nearer christmas, but had resigned myself to paying £200 :suicide:

23. peterc

peterc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so just to clarify, as i've never had sky before and am thinking baout getting it... If i want sky+ for 99quid i need to have a package that costs 30quid or more a month or i have to pay 10quid a month for the sky+ box...? is this correct...?

24. broona

broona

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +551
    I think the cheapest package to get free Sky+ is £28.50 a month for the Sports/Family package (but don't quote me on that!). I went for the G1, which gives all the sports and movies 2,4,6 and 8 for £34 a month. Have a look here

Installed at 5.30 today, watching SS2 now coz the girlfriend fancies Figo!!!

Not had a chance to play with all the features yet, but the box seems SO much faster than my old Pace 2500,
    :thumbsup:

25. peterc

peterc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mate, i'll have a look into it, not too bad a price34 nicker, if my gf goes halfs on it with me... ;-)

26. Zarch

Zarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Gonna be moving house in the next 2 weeks and obviously want to take SKY with me (old panasonic box). Whats the chance do you think of getting the SKY+ £99 deal AND getting it installed at the new house?

I dont want to have to take out a new subscription as i've got my Premiership Plus season ticket on my current sub.

What do SKY charge for just a relocation? or should i try a local dealer in instead? Will they be cheaper, THEN try the £99 SKY+ thing??

Cheers

27. lambonl

lambonl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Called up sky, got the runaround, told them I wanted to cancel and they put me through to a nice guy who told me they had just half an hour ago received details of the £99 offer and could do me a deal :clap:
    Getting installed on 30th!

28. screemer

screemer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Cheers everyone. Just read this forum and phoned up Sky. After much hassling got my Sky+ for £99. Woo Hoo. This is fantastic considering my existing box is knackered. All i have to do is fit a telephone extension kit now. Presume i can just run an extension into my lounge from my master socket? I have broadband so i would need a filter on it right??

29. burty

burty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    phoned sky this afternoon,said was not happy with the sky+ deal,was transfered to a very nice guy,was offered sky+ for £99,they gave in very easily,being installed on friday,

thanks.

30. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    just to say one thing, i'm really glad this thread is here, its great to see so many of us helping teach Sky that they cant rip us off. I love my sky+ now and i have had it less than a week. there was nothing on TV tonight so i looked at my recordings to fin it had recorded 2 programs i had totally forgotten were on.....

The wife is not a gadget person and tonight when she had to rewind a bit a emmerdale she missed she said we should have got this ages OK.....

I wouldn't have paid £200 just cus to me that seemed a lot of dosh and i dont really watch the much tele, but now... I watch stuff i want to watch not just the dribble that is on and i do think its a major bargain at £99... My installer even gave me a second remote for upstairs........