Sky for £9 ish ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by DTS Rocks !, Jan 6, 2005.

1. DTS Rocks !

DTS Rocks !

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: Hi,a friend of mine recently rang Sky to cancel,as he is going over to Freeview.Anyway,he was told by the guy on the other end,that he could have Sky for £9 ish a month for the next 3 months,cannot remember how much exactly,and when given a date by Sky for cutoff,just disconnect the box from the telephone line for a couple of days,and then put it back on again,and he could continue paying £9 ish a month after that,as when the box is disconnected Sky cannot update the box,and that he didn't hear it from him ! ! Is this true ? Does anyone else know of this ? Sounds too good to be true to me,but my mate is not prone to lies,and is not really into technical stuff so could not have made it up. :lease:

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Sky don't update boxes by phone - they update them via the satellite.

3. DTS Rocks !

DTS Rocks !

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes you are right,but what i meant to say was,that he told my friend to actually unplug the box from the telephone line,and turn it off at the mains.Watch normal TV for a couple of days,he has Freeview anyway now,so not too much of a problem there,then switch it all back on again ! Hey presto,Sky for £9 ish a month,if the box is not connected at the time of disconnection,then they cannot update the box with the termination of contract.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I suspect SKY send the cancellation commands for more than a couple of days, pretty sure they know all the tricks but if you are gonna cancel anyway you have nothign to lose by trying it:)
    I wonder who is getting the £9 ish then?
    Obviously not SKY since their cheapest package is £13.50, wonder if the CS rep has his own CC retail account so he is getting the money:)

5. dsk19s

dsk19s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nick uk is right as when the 30 day xc is just about to come up switch off the box say day before then put it on a few days l8r as i did work work sky this does work dont know for how long mind u but people used to phone up say they've cancelled but still have sky we just have to b******t as cant say if your box was off the signal never got through so u've got free sky also take the viewing card out aswell....(dont really know if i should post this as may get banned but) it works the same with u're billing u call to down grade switch box off and take card out after a day or so put the card back in signal hasnot reached it and u're billings changed over on the system

"i must stress that this is not an advert for anybody to defraud sky or obtain at a cheapere price just my experience of being on the inside of sky and drawing conclusions from my experiences".....