1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky:flashing picture

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sonynut, Mar 19, 2004.

1. sonynut

sonynut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    having watched sky through the uhf connection since it was installed decided it was time to invest in a decent scart lead and watch it through the scart connection in glorious rgb.what a disapointment the picture on the channels i mainly watch bbc1 sky sports seems to be constantly flashing channels like itv1 sky movies are perfect havent checked all channels but ones i have seen some flash some dont.
    my tv is a sony kv 25x5u connected with a profigold scart lead to an amstrad digibox.am getting a sony kv32fx68 delivered on tuesday hope this isnt the same but suspect it will be.
    anybody with any ideas on what the problem is or am i stuck with it.i'll be more than a bit [word removed by lynx]if i've spent £700 on a tv and i cant use its supposedly superior rgb picture quality
    any help much appreciated
    CHEERS

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    It sounds like a set up issue. The KV25X5 is capable of displaying an RGB signal. Are you sure that you are using the correct socket on the sets rear pannel and selecting the correct input with your remote handset ? Have you instructed the digibox to output an RGB signal instead of composite ?

3. sonynut

sonynut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes to all the above,can't understand why some channels are flashing some are perfect.
    are there any differences in the quality of channels on sky.
    if its like this when the kv32fx68 arrives may have to dump sky for ntl though its more expensive.

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Whats the Sky signal quality showing ?

5. sonynut

sonynut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    strengh 70%
    quality 80%

6. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    To verify the integrity of the cables and that the tv is accepting an rgb signal, can you substitute the Sky box for a dvd player- set to output rgb, if so does the picture now improve or remain the same ?

7. sonynut

sonynut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    excellent picture with the dvd

8. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Can you try a subsitute Sky box ?

9. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +847
    When you say 'flashing', do you lose the colour as well (the picture sometimes changes to b&w)?. I had this with certain digital channels on my old Sony 25". It was plugged in via scart, but not rgb (awful picture in that mode). Since then i've bought a new 32" wide, and with the same digibox (grundig), the flashing seems to have completely stopped (now watching through rgb as well).

Dean

10. sonynut

sonynut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no dont loose any colour just a faint flashing in the background seems to effect the top half of the picture more than the bottom.going to borrow a mates digibox tonite a grundig let you know when i try it
    CHEERS

11. sonynut

sonynut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just tried mates grundig no flashing pictures so must be a problem with the amstrad output.have to find myself a decent second hand digibox
    thanks for all the help