Sky+ film recorded but can't view

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by big.hal, Aug 15, 2002.

1. big.hal

big.hal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had recorded a film off Sky premier WS 2 weeks ago. I then cancelled the movies and sport and when I to view the film today I got the "For Your Information.." message telling me to upgrade on the screen and could not view the film!:mad: You would have thought you would be able to as if I taped it I would still be able to.

Had anybody else noticed this? and do you think its fair considering you paid the subscription in the first place to watch the movies??

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    You don't need to subscribe to a channel to record a program from it (Remember you are recording the data no the unencoded material). You do however need to be a current subscriber to the channel a recorded program was broadcast on to play it back.

Perhaps it's SKY's fault for not making this clear or the users fault for not understanding the hardware they are paying to use.
    Give SKY a ring and complain with a tone of righteous indignation, I'm not taking the p**s you might get a complimentary months film subscription so you can view your movie.

3. big.hal

big.hal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've checked the Sky+ terms and conditions and the user guide and they don't mention the fact you can't view a recorded program if you no longer subscribe to that channel. Yes I agree if you were not a subscriber then recorded you should be able to view it.
    May be Sky should make this clear.

I'll give them a bell see what happens, you never know....