Quantcast

Sky Fibre - Sky test suggests issues...

wizbongre

Hi All,
I've currently got Sky Fibre (have had it over 6 years) at the normal 32Mb speeds, which is all that is available for our house. As far as I can tell, there are no issues with it. Most speedtests show ~32Mb download speed, as I'd expect.

If I go to Sky - Sign in and click on the "Test my broadband" button it suggests there are issues, either saying the speed to my router is low, or that there is a possible issue with the connection to my router.

Now, I have dispensed with the standard Sky supplied hub and use a Draytek router, along with Draytek mesh hotspots. Could it be they are recognising the non-standard setup, or could it be there is something wrong with my setup/connection?

For further info, I don't (yet) have Sky Q however our normal Sky+ box does occasionally suggest there are broadband issues (even thought the Sky+ status indicates the connection is fine.) I put this down to an issue with the old Sky+ box, rather than the connection itself.

I'm gearing up to upgrade to Sky Q and don't want to be distracted with broadband issues as part of the journey.

Anyone got any experience/suggestions in this context?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
If your speeds are what they should be and you have no issues with disconnections etc, then I would ignore this completely.

wizbongre

The only issue we have is with the old Sky+ box - which as mentioned I believe is more due to it being old and knackered, than anything else.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Some of those boxes were quite temperamental, so I really wouldn't be concerned what it says about your broadband.

Top Bottom