Sky 'favourites'

SOUNDSTYLE

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Why can we only pick 20 'favourites'. It's rediculous. How many channels are there, and yet we are only allowed 20?!
It doesn't make sense. There should be at least 50.
Does anyone know if Sky will be sorting this out in the near future?
I can't be the only one who is frustrated about this.:mad:

I find 20 more than enough, i just use the first for each type of channel, say Skymovies 1, Mtv, discovery etc, then flick through the rest

Yeah that's how I first set them up but after a while favorites will become pointless, you will soon start to remember all the channel numbers.

i remember most of the channel numbers but still find favourites invaluable, so you can flick through whats on without stopping viewing.

If you have too many favourites it becomes as useless as searching though all the programs. I think 20 is just the right balance for me.
What I do miss is the ability I used to have on my old analogue system of automatically switching to the last channel viewed 0 you could use this button to keep flicking between 2 channels.

Originally posted by JohnG

What I do miss is the ability I used to have on my old analogue system of automatically switching to the last channel viewed 0 you could use this button to keep flicking between 2 channels.

Yep me too:)
I would have thought that was a very simple operation and has been mentioned many times on peoples wishlists over the last couple of years. I do wonder if anyone from SKY actually used an analogue system when they were setting down the digibox remotes functions:)

Geezer wrote

i remember most of the channel numbers but still find favourites invaluable, so you can flick through whats on without stopping viewing.

I do believe that's what the up and down arrows provide, seeing what's on the other channels without actually stopping what you are viewing at the time. As everyone says the favourites button is good for categorising the channels and you just flick through the rest

I must watch too much TV as I too have memorised all the channels! :blush:

However, I use the 'favourites' for radio stations :smashin:

Totally agree about the 'previous channel' function - lots of times I have changed channel just as something comes on I want to see and then I can't remember what channel I was watching. :rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by sinbrad
Geezer wrote

I do believe that's what the up and down arrows provide, seeing what's on the other channels without actually stopping what you are viewing at the time. As everyone says the favourites button is good for categorising the channels and you just flick through the rest

Yes thats what i meant. Sorry worded it badly

I miss being able to flick back to the previous channel, used to be dead handy when trying to follow 2 football matches on once

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom