1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ Favorite Channel Fault and Poor Channel 4 Picture

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MitchMCFC, Jun 30, 2004.

1. MitchMCFC

MitchMCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help,

I have recently lost all my favorite channels on my Sky+ v2, and when I go into the Services menu to set it up again, it says "there is a technical fault, please try later"

Sky have said that they will send me various new signals and nothing seems to fix it, they recently conceded that they are aware of the fault (not just me) but do not know how to fix it! Also, does anybody have any info on what the hidden menu does, and if there is anything in there to solve it?

Has anybody else had this fault and have you managed to fix it?

Also, does anybody agree that Sky have got a bloody nerve notifying me of a price increase when the machine is technically not fit for purpose!!

I am also having problems with crackly green stripes on channel 4, they are putting this one down to that old chessnut, "Static"

Would be interested in anybody else with these problems as I plan to take them to task on this price increase!!!!!

Thanks,
    Mitch. :mad:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Not heard of any problem with the Favorites facility and I am amazed that SKY would actually admit there was one, there have been a few times I've read of people being unable to remove favorites or they have become stuck after a channel reshuffle.

The SKY+ service has not gone up in price, the channel packages have, small point but important if you decide to use that in a discussion with SKY:)

Channel 4's problem has been mentioned and has only occured on CH4 so we can assume it was a problem with the broadcast source and not with users hardware.

3. MitchMCFC

MitchMCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They solved the problem with Channel 4, they sent me a signal through that put a system type blue box on the screen temporarily that seemed to go through different signals until it found a strong one.

The Favourite channel problem is still not solved and they claim they are still working on it. I will apparently receive a signal as and when they solve the problem, as I am now on the list of known users with this problem,

I am amazed that I seem to be the only one on here with the problem as they did state that I am not alone and other users had reported it.

I will keep you all posted!

4. chard

chard
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep there is definately a problem with the favourites. BBC 1 and ITV dissapered from favs and for some reason the fav channels don't 'toggle' past BBC1 once I re input them...summats up !

5. chard

chard
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it okay now....

6. MitchMCFC

MitchMCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine toggles to a blank box on the search and scan banner thingy and then won't go any further!

They are now sending out an engineer on Tuesday, they tried a full system reinstall in the hidden menu (that lost all me blooming Alan Partridge!!!) and they tried re downloading the software via the Backup button on the front. But to no avail. Really got them scratching their heads!

Me thinks a new box is coming!!!

Will keep you posted.

7. chard

chard
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats exactly what mine was doing for most of a day.....cleared up just as mysteriously as it appeared !!!

good luck mate...

8. MitchMCFC

MitchMCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap: Sky engineer came out today and took one look at it and told me it was "fooked!"

Replaced the sky + box and went, all sorted within 10minutes.

I had the original sky + box for 4 months, Does this means I get another 1 year warrenty on this box?? i.e. until July next year??? Uum, thats got you thinking, hasn't it! :rolleyes:

9. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Alas the replacement is only covered under the intial 12 month warranty from the date of first installation, if you are outside of that I believe it is covered for 3 months.