1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky+ failure to record bbc & itv

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by klnc, Sep 29, 2003.

1. klnc

klnc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Had sky+ (v2) for about a month now, and have noticed a disturbing pattern in respect of recording bbc1, 2 and itv. Channel 4, e4, sky 1 and the movie channels have recorded faultlessly (can't recall testing other channels), but have not been able to record a single thing on the other 3 main terrestrial channels. I;ve tried setting the epg in advance and just pressing record, but it will not record. Can record ch4 (etc) at press of a button, but 2 seconds later when i switch to bbc1 and press record, nothing happens.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Obviously, also suffer from the usual dolby digital loss of sound problems.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The BBC and ITV channels are on Astra 2D which has proven to be a problem if the dish isn't properly aligned. Do you have any trouble at all watching these channels "live" or using live pause on them?

3. klnc

klnc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    thanks for the response....

since fiddled around with the settings a bit more... swapped the feeds around and discovered that where previously i wasn;t able to record on 101, 102 and 103, swapping the feeds over enabled me to record the those channels - the problem then was that i wasn;t able to view them - hence i could either watch them or record them, depeding on the inputs, but not both. Seemed to be a problem with the lnb switching to the low band channels. consequently, the engineer is on his way out to sort it outl