1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ failed recordings. can i get a new box?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Waynej, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +857
    It does'nt happen most of the time but the main thing i look forward to it tends to muck up on, like I went to the program i'd recorded to watch and it said 1% and i pressed select to play but it was just stuck on that synopsis screen before it normally plays them. I'v put up with it since having the box and my 12 mth cover runs out on Oct 3rd, so is it worth giving them a ring and is it likely i'd get a new box? maybe even the one with the bigger hard disk?

:devil:

2. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +857
    hello?

3. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Deep in the bowels of sussex where the angloargies
    Ratings:
    +1,763
    its worth giving them a ring but you may have to pay the £ 65 call out charge which includes repair or replacement

4. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Waynej,

There are various threads, e.g. "Append your name if you have Live pause...............since update", which show that a lot of us have been suffering as you have. I have had so many failed recordings on a six week old new Pace box bought online, yet it worked perfectly before the update.

You are in a tricky position and I think you should certainly give them a ring to complain. Make a fuss if they don't give you a new box (I understand the 80gb is given for new installations). I read on this forum that somone else in the same position as you was given a new box. Usually they dish out the refurb boxes which don't stay trouble free normally.

Good luck!