• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sky eye to aerial in

tbondzi

Standard Member
Hi,

I have recently had a sky + pace box fitted to my new home. When a friend came round he disconnected my box and fitted his to watch his recordings.

Now the sky eye doesn't work. I have a fussy picture and cannot change channels on the second tv.

I had the sky fitters connect the sky eye, they have connected it to the aerial in. Not the rf outlet like other forums and guides talk about. This is a female not a male connection.

I have been into the other sky menu (system setup, 01 select) and cannot find anything to change this connection.

Does anyone have any idea how they set this up?

The light on the sky eye is not coming on either so i must need power turning on.

Please help

blacklion1725

At the Sky Box End: (1) Press Services, 4,0,1 select to access installers menu (2) Under RF settings make sure RF2 power is on, and note the RF channel used (68 by default, may be something else) (3) Make sure the cable feeding the affected TV is connected to RF2 on the back of the sky box.

At the TV end: (1) Connect the other ond of the cable (i.e. the other end of the cable you just connected to RF2 on the sky box) to the female connector of the magic eye (2) Connect the male end of the magic eye to the aerial/RF input on the TV (3) Make sure the channel you use for Sky on that TV is tuned to the channel you noted when checking the RF settings.

Most likely thing to have happened is that (a) magic eye has been reconnected incorrectly after the box swap and/or your friend re-tuned the TV as his was using a different RF channel

Good luck any road.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom