sky eye problems

koojo

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am having issues getting a picture on a tv using a triax sky eye that is routed from an Armstrad DRX280 sky+ in a multi room. It was once working on a Thompson standard box until I recently upgraded to the sky+ Armstrad.

I do have the apple green light on the triax!! I have opened the correct rf2 "on" in the settings and powered down etc reconnecting cables etc..! I have also tried a shorter aerial which gave me the same outcome.

Is there something Im overlooking ?:confused: It has once worked and i have only changed the box.. but I still get the green light but no picture...

until I recently upgraded to the sky+ Armstrad.

Where did you get the "Armstrad DRX280" from?

Any new Sky+ box will be an Amstrad 890.

Yes, what IS an "Armstrad DRX280"?:confused:
Does "tried a shorter aerial" mean that you connected the Sky RF2 Out socket to the TV's Aerial In socket by a short co-ax cable?

tried shorted aerial means i just wired a significantly shorter coax cable ... this didnt help :(
i bought the box from a friend who has changed to Virgin and didnt want the box any longer. I called that an upgrade cuz it replaced a bog standard sky thompson box that originally had the magic eye working

The "magic eye" is only for getting the remote control back from the extension location to the Sky machine, and you haven't said whether or not that is working.
That the programme is not getting through the other way could simply be due to the Sky machine and the TV not being set to the same channel.

That the programme is not getting through the other way could simply be due to the Sky machine and the TV not being set to the same channel.

Correct. Re-tune your TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom