1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Extra Channels?????

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by southpaw, May 25, 2003.

1. southpaw

southpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I was just looking on Ebay for prices of Sky Digiboxes and saw an ad for a bokklet or guide to get extra channels via the hidden menus. I have heard about the hidden menus and a neighbour of mine got a hefty bill by getting "free" (so called) box office movies by messing in the hidden menus but I haven't heard of this before.

The disclaimer at the bottom says that it depends on regions. I am able to get different regions for BBC2 but didn't know it was possible to get BBc 1 and ITV regions.

Anyone heard of it?

Here's the ad:

Small price to pay for The complete Guide to gaining all the "Other" SKY Channels which do not have a listing Number in the SKY Electronic programing guide (EPG)

Example:
    Other region ITV Channels (Different Movies & Sport)

ITV1 Anglia

ITV1 Border

ITV1 BorderSco

ITV1 Granada

ITV1 Meridian

ITV1 Yorkshire

ITV1 Tyne Tees

Grampian TV

Scottish TV

BBC1 other regions

UTV

Rapture TV

Markiza

Stanice O

Prima TV

GOD REVIVAL

Audio Stations (Many)

AND MANY MORE.....!

Once you choose 50 Stations maximum A/V or Audio from the vast list you can quickly go to the Other station menu and choose your alternative Viewing or Listening station.

Access to the Hidden Setup Menu's

Disclaimer: Not all channels are available in all regions but a high number are!
    This Item is Not a DigiBox, It is a Sky Digital Channel tuning Guide.

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Yes there are hidden menus but they are not used to gain 'free' movies.I suspect your neighbour has viewed the max permitted movies (10) before the box refuses, requiring further authorisation, and the phone line has been reconnected enabling the box to 'phone home' so to speak. At this point $ly would have billed him for the 10 movies. There is a little more to it than this although it's not accomplished from hidden menus.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    The region ITV BBC channels (missing from EPG can be manually tuned i belevie but the box only lets you tune 10 or so. their frequencies a polatrisation are on the SES Astra site all you need then is to get into the manual tune part of your boxes menu. Not really worth paying for! And yes you can (Dodgyily) watch the PPV stuff without paying but that is theft! Hence illegal.

4. Nisher_M

Nisher_M
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry to ask but where could I find the frequency for Scottish TV as part of the additional channels that are not on the EPG?

:lease:

It is only for this one channel - not the comprehensive list as stated above.

I apologise if this comes across as a cheeky request. I used to have it but I lost the frequency details once my previous sky box was replaced.

I just found it on the SES Astra.com site. I guess I should read more posts in future....

5. Adrian_F

Adrian_F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    10906 Vertical, 22000 5/6 should find both Grampian and Scottish